Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • E-Bike how fast?
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Enjoy 11:18 onwards..

Was that 2 speeding tickets?

tomhoward

Bin dun…

Goldigger
    Free Member

First time I’ve seen it

rOcKeTdOg

There’s a guy who brings his home brew ebike into the shop, it’ll do 35mph without pedalling. it’s so shoddily out together. The wires are also too hot to touch after he uses it 😲 and its got canti brakes

chipster

I’ve watched the video and I predict the guy won’t survive very long.

damascus
    Free Member

If the bloke with no brakes was found guilty on a normal bike what will happen when an unrestricted e bike kills someone?

No licence, insurance, tax. Don’t they understand that once they de restrict it,they have made a motorbike ?

I like e bikes,I think they have their place but the 15mph is there for a reason.

It will only take a few idiots like this to ruin it for the rest of us.

We will get banned from our local trails because the fat ebikes have destroyed them.

I hope the police prosecute him.

If you want to go fast on 2 wheels buy a motorbike..

neilwheel
    Free Member

He’s now on version 2, and uses it regularly on the road for commuting to work.

https://youtu.be/QLVbBgIApPU

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

If you want to go fast on 2 wheels buy a motorbike..

Technically he has, he just built it instead of buying one!

damascus
    Free Member

Technically he has but he has no insurance, tax, licence etc.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was pondering the other day, bikes handle the way they do because they weight much less than us and the cranks let us have a really low COG compared to what would be possible with fixed foot pegs.

Motorbikes handle the way they do because they weigh two to three times the rider, and the rider just crouches on top getting as low (not necessarily for the same reason but the cog of bike+rider is still probably lower than a push bike).

If you built an unrestricted e-bike without cranks (but still <40lb), and motorbike with cranks to let the rider get an even lower COG (maybe only really an option on MX style bike where the outside peg is weighted). Would the cranks improve the MX bike, and would fixed pegs ruin the e-bike?

Poopscoop

Ok,I like the “techery” of it all.

That said, the guy in the vid has simply made a motorbike himself that he uses on the roads without insurance etc that just happens to be battery powered??

That just makes him a bit of a self absorbed road traveller with little or no thought for others if the worst should happen.

Just like the guys on cars he seems to like slagging of in the vids….

When the first pedestrian gets taken out by his or a similar totally illegal bike the s&@t will really hit the fan. Correctly so in my opinion.

cookeaa

I like this one

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘E-Bike how fast?’ is closed to new replies.