Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • E-bike charging points at trail centres?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its a shame they never kept the demo at the Kilpatrick hills,we demo’d the same bikes up there from the shop in Partick,WOW…..that whole climb from carpark to top in 15 minutes in Eco,and it usually takes me 30-40 minutes to ride it on my own bike,Defo got my attention now

Aye, true, but tbf Cathkin means more folk can try more models, there’s loads more lines now, including some lovely handcut stuff in the woods that you’d love!.

BadlyWiredDog

You can buy car power bank things complete with a built-in invertor / or cigarette plug outlet for 12v power. I’m guess one of those would charge an e-bike battery in some way – basically a 12v car battery in a fancy housing.

campgareth
    Free Member

“is that using a standard plug”

Yeah, when chargers say 6A they mean 6A to the battery, so 6A at 36V in bosch’s case. As for current from the wall they’ll be drawing about 1A, well within the rating of a normal 13A wall plug.

It’s cars that need tens of kilowatts to charge and some funky plug interface.

cbike
    Free Member

Bosch have a 12v version of their battery charger. An hour on my Shimano would top up a mornings use 50ish percent to 75ish 80ish again. I think their 4 hour charge to full from empty is actually nearer 3.

slowoldman

You guys do seem to be complicating things. I’ve just ordered an ebike with a dynamo front hub :-).

So you charge the bike up by pedalling?

iainc

lovely handcut stuff in the woods that you’d love!.

Jings, is this nobeer actually saying something positive about Cathkin ? 😂

….just back from a few laps including that lovely stuff, missed the showers too 😎

ampthill

So you charge the bike up by pedalling?

Don’t be silly I’d charge it using the motor…

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Whoosh

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘E-bike charging points at trail centres?’ is closed to new replies.