Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • e bike brake cutoff
  • BearBack
    Free Member

A friends daughter has this Blix Soleil ebike.
    The brakes are rubbish and I don’t think the motor cutoff works so the bike tries to power through the brakes.

I have some MT200 hydraulics but hadn’t realised that on the existing cable levers there’s a cutoff switch.
    5 pin connector that screws together.
    Aside from ideally a hydraulic brakeset with a cutoff switch in the lever, what do I need to make these MT200’s work with the control system?

BearBack
    Free Member

edit, sorry , round red 2 pin push together connecter from brake

oceanskipper

I suspect it’s the motor still operating when she’s braking that makes the brakes seem rubbish.

Also I notice it has a throttle so is the throttle not being closed properly when stopping?

My suggestion is to fix the fault rather than change the brakes, the cutoff seems to be a decent  safety feature (when working obv)and I wouldn’t be inclined to bodge or bypass it onto a new lever. I would get the bike to a dealer to fix if it’s nothing obvious like a damaged cable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tjagain

You can get switches that work with hydro brakes

ie

Hydraulic Magnetic Brake Cut Off Sensors for Bafang

simondbarnes

I’ve never understood the need for these switches. Surely the motor cuts out when you stop pedalling and nobody brakes whilst still pedalling?

tjagain

Cadence sensors take a second or two to cut out sometimes and bikes with a throttle obviously you can have the throttle open with the brakes on hence the reason for the brake cutouts.  Not needed on torque sensor bikes

simondbarnes

Ah, thanks, makes sense 🙂

akira

Problem you might have is finding a dealer or a bike shop that’ll fix it. Since it’s got a throttle it’s not UK legal so a lot of shops won’t touch them.

scotroutes

Anyone ever ridden a motorcycle with an engine cut-off in the brake levers?

tjagain

no but overrun slipper clutches are a thing 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts