• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by colp.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • E-bike boner
  • colp

My DH bike is out of action with a blown shock so been riding my ebike at Leogang today. It’s actually more fun!

Here’s me riding a big Austrian boner

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Not tried it on the WC track yet but on the trail and free ride stuff it’s ace.

z1ppy

Impressive whether an e-bike or not. Enjoy!

julians
    Free Member

WHich e bike have you got?

Currently trying to resist the urge to buy one…. looking at YT decoy or propain ekano…..

singlespeedstu

That’s clearly photoshopped as everyone know ebikers are fat and can’t ride for shit.

GeForceJunky

Just ridden Col De la Basse in Les Gets on mine. Col De Cou yesterday. Both were ace rides and more fun than the DH bike the day before. Mines a Merida eOne-Sixty, it’s awesome.

Paceman
    Free Member

Skillz 🤘

sootyandjim
    Free Member

…everyone know ebikers are fat and can’t ride for shit.

As with everything, there are always a few exceptions to the rule.

I’ll be honest though, just got back after doing a 25 mile loop around Miller’s Dale and I had a brief bout of envy towards a couple of ‘Clydesdale’ riders who whizzed past me on a climb on their e-bikes. I say “brief” because, despite their shop brought endurance providers, they rode like a couple of fannies and were easily passed on the next decent.

singlespeedstu

As if by magic he appears.

mashr

Sweet bar tweek

colp

WHich e bike have you got?

Currently trying to resist the urge to buy one…. looking at YT decoy or propain ekano…..

It’s a Trek Powerfly 9 FS 2018 model.
    It’s pretty heavy for an ebike but if anything it makes it better at speed.
    I wasn’t keen on the 2.8 tyres but they really help with the small bumps as I have a wrecked shoulder.

Would love a Decoy, I’ve got a Tues and a Capra already but I’ve heard the Decoy are really noisy.

I used to have a Trek Session DH bike so I’m used to the way they ride and really like them.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

As if by magic he appears.

As did you.

You may be the whippet-like racing snake exception to the rule but, like Hora and his ilk in a previous era trying to buy themselves better, e-bike owners by and large seem to be pretty unskilled and unfit riders looking to purchase their way better.

piemonster

unskilled and unfit riders looking to purchase their way better.

Shut up and take my money!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Shut up and take my money!

I admire your honesty.

singlespeedstu

e-bike owners by and large seem to be pretty unskilled and unfit riders looking to purchase their way better.

About 85% of the folks I know that own ebikes are far from this.

Tracey

From what I’ve seen from my limited time on the trails you can apply the the above statement to include mtb owners as well, me included 😉

In the grand scheme of things does it really matter as long as you are enjoying it.

yoshimi

Bloody hell Col, you seem to get more daring with age:)

nwilko
    Free Member

Ride my soul “like a fanny”, rode my od trance “like a fanny” and no doubt look like a fanny on my levo.. but have an ear to ear grin and have as much fun uphil as downhill covering twice the distance as before. I love fanny..😮

colp

Bloody hell Col, you seem to get more daring with age:)

10 days until the big Five Oh mate, Linda spends half her time taking me to hospital!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘E-bike boner’ is closed to new replies.