E-Bay Numpty

Home Forum Bike Forum E-Bay Numpty

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • E-Bay Numpty
  • transition1

Some frames I smashed up due to warranty issues & threw out turned up on ebay!
    I messaged the bloke advising removal or I would report him.
    They were pretty smashed up & only Front triangles hoping no-one would try & use, but you get all sorts on ebay.

konabunny

Oof. Post a link to the ad?

I was selling a bike recently with a knackered rear cassette and new chain. I made this clear in the ad and discounted it by a decent amount. Had one guy come around and say he wanted a discount because of the cassette – err, no, that’s why it’s cheaper than all the other ones on sale, as you pointed out.

Next day, some other guy starts texting about it and the following exchange happens:

me: “you know that the rear cassette needs replacing, right?”
    them: “cassette?”
    me: “it’s mentioned in the bit of the ad that says IMPORTANT in capital letters…”

I did not get a reply. Numpty.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I messaged the bloke advising removal or I would report him.

You see thats the mistake, just report him.

transition1

To be fair he apologised & removed it off e-bay

bikeneil

How did he get the frames from you?

transition1

I smashed em up pretty good with hammer & in vice etc then threw out in wheelie bins at work
    He claims he got them from a boot fair, I am guessing came from local tip
    They are beyond use but even so was not happy seeing them on ebay

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

I thought once you binned an item it was fair game, drop it off at the tip, someone else picks it up, its there’s to do with as they see fit, including flog on fleabay…

When you say:

…smashed up due to warranty issues & threw out…

What precisely was your involvement with these items?

transition1

I deal with all the Warranties,
    send off all claims etc

I thought once you binned an item it was fair game, drop it off at the tip, someone else picks it up, its there’s to do with as they see fit, including flog on fleabay…

+1

Had they been stolen I’d see that as another matter. but you had thrown them away.

kendo954

is it not a safety thing the op is concerned about?

tops 5

Carbon Covert perchance?

transition1

Guess it is a safety thing although was beyond use,
    was a carbon covert front triangle T450 front triangle & Bank with no headset
    not had many warranty frames over a year!

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Next time you’ll cut them up (wearing a mask) and throw them out in different weeks!

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

TBH, its not your concern OP, you’ve done the responsible thing in highlighting the safety issue, but is long as the seller is up front that they are flogging damaged goods for “Spares or Repairs” only I don’t think they, let alone you could be held in any way liable..

I don’t think the seller was in any way obliged to remove the item for sale as you described it…

There’s damaged Carbon kit all over ebay these days, various enterprising, and capable cheapskates (ahem) buy such things to fix so they can have a cut price bling bike…

“One mans rubbish” and all that…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘E-Bay Numpty’ is closed to new replies.