• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dyson handheld vacuum – anyone got one?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one to keep some semblance of cleanliness with the twins throwing food everywhere – will they deal with ‘wet’ things like squashed grapes, banana and other moist foody bits? Or would a proper wet n dry cleaner be better?

Candodavid
    Free Member

wet n dry would be better IMO, also battery life is v poor, doesn’t last long between charges

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure you’ll appreciate their prettiness m_f but I hear they’re a bit shite.

saladdodger
    Free Member

they suck 🙂

igm

Excellent for using in the kitchen – to tidy up bits of bike maintenance – but I wouldn’t use it for wet stuff.

Rio

You’d never get a grape into one. Wouldn’t recommend it for anything wet or sticky either. Great for anything dry like dust, flies and spiders though.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Got two handhelds and three kids – I think that’s the right ratio.
    Awesome for kitchen floors / cars / insects, but will only last for 6 minutes per charge. That is a lot of sucking though.

benho
    Free Member

I’m with spokebloke; i’ve had to replace the charger twice in 3 years but that could be my kids pulling it/tripping over it etc.
    6 minutes of constant sucking will see most things right, can clean the car on a single charge.

brant
    Free Member

We had one and the battery went bad v quickly. Giving like 15secs of suck. Not again.

igm

Brant – Smudge’ll sort you out won’t he?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So any recommendations for an alternative (wet n dry) with decent suction?

skidartist
    Free Member

will they deal with ‘wet’ things like squashed grapes, banana and other moist foody bits?

What you require, sir, is a dog. Get a good one and the moist foody bits will never reach the ground.

DrP

I’ll add – the latest model uses Lion batteries which last 10 minutes, or 6 on ‘super suck’. Charges in a few hours. Also uses the ‘digital motor’ which is pistol quick on-off…

Phenomenaly useful with a little kiddie – I use ours for sucking up crumbs/toast etc, not used for wet (well, very wet) stuff….

Highly reccomended!

DrP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dyson handheld vacuum – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.