• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dyson handheld vacuum – anyone got one?
  • Thinking about getting one to keep some semblance of cleanliness with the twins throwing food everywhere – will they deal with ‘wet’ things like squashed grapes, banana and other moist foody bits? Or would a proper wet n dry cleaner be better?

Candodavid

wet n dry would be better IMO, also battery life is v poor, doesn’t last long between charges

I’m sure you’ll appreciate their prettiness m_f but I hear they’re a bit shite.

they suck 🙂

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Excellent for using in the kitchen – to tidy up bits of bike maintenance – but I wouldn’t use it for wet stuff.

Premier Icon Rio
    Subscriber

You’d never get a grape into one. Wouldn’t recommend it for anything wet or sticky either. Great for anything dry like dust, flies and spiders though.

spokebloke

Got two handhelds and three kids – I think that’s the right ratio.
    Awesome for kitchen floors / cars / insects, but will only last for 6 minutes per charge. That is a lot of sucking though.

benho

I’m with spokebloke; i’ve had to replace the charger twice in 3 years but that could be my kids pulling it/tripping over it etc.
    6 minutes of constant sucking will see most things right, can clean the car on a single charge.

Premier Icon brant
    Subscriber

We had one and the battery went bad v quickly. Giving like 15secs of suck. Not again.

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Brant – Smudge’ll sort you out won’t he?

So any recommendations for an alternative (wet n dry) with decent suction?

skidartist

will they deal with ‘wet’ things like squashed grapes, banana and other moist foody bits?

What you require, sir, is a dog. Get a good one and the moist foody bits will never reach the ground.

DrP

I’ll add – the latest model uses Lion batteries which last 10 minutes, or 6 on ‘super suck’. Charges in a few hours. Also uses the ‘digital motor’ which is pistol quick on-off…

Phenomenaly useful with a little kiddie – I use ours for sucking up crumbs/toast etc, not used for wet (well, very wet) stuff….

Highly reccomended!

DrP

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dyson handheld vacuum – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.