Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dynaplug – Brass tipped rim bullets?
  • Premier Icon codge
    Free Member

I’m considering buying a Dynaplug Racer. Has anyone had any issues with the brass ends damaging rims or puncturing rim tape?

Premier Icon johnnystorm

I’ve used mine a few times. When I’ve eventually taken the tyres off most have just been rolling about in the goop and one stayed attached to the bung. None of them have damaged the tape, rim, etc.

Premier Icon hatter

The brass ends are blunted and very very thin, it’s more of a coating than a solid ‘tip’ really. I’m sure you could stick one through your rim tape if you really tried, but you’d have to be trying.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

I will also had that I’ve used them in 32c Road tyres so more likely to cause grief than a fat MTB tyre.

Premier Icon isoo
    Free Member

I think they have smaller and blunter headed bullets specifically for road tubeless.

EDIT: No practical experience, mine has just sat in bags/pockets so far.

Premier Icon whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

they rattle a bit, took me ages to figure it out, i had to double mega plug and a standard plug in the sidewall, i’m still using the tyre but i changed sealant and found them.. no damage as above

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.