Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dyfi enduro – the extra loop
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the extra loop that the first 350 riders do is on top of the 60km, or is it part of it, and the lazy buggers at the back (me included) take a short-cut?

chrispo
    Free Member

I was wondering the same so I know how much water to take

There’s also quite a long road section at the start, so how long is the actual offroad bit?

Freester

The offroad bit is around 45km.

There is a food station around 2/3 of the distance where you can refill.

The diversion for the quicker riders is at the end. If you don’t do the extra you will have done ~60km when you hit the finish line in the forest but then you have to cycle back to Mach.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

If you don’t do the extra you will have done ~60km

That’s what I thought. Cheers

And I’m getting hungry thinking about the feed station already. 🙂

chrispo
    Free Member

Thanks. So how far is it if you do the extra loop?

tomaso
    Free Member

If you are in the first 350 do you have to do the extra loop? :mrgreen:

moonboy
    Free Member

last year it wasn’t much further – one climb, one decent.

Of course any climbing by then isn’t too much fun.

There was a little bar at the bottom of the climb, nice touch!

tomaso
    Free Member

Oh if there is motivational/reward beer…

STATO
    Free Member

If your one of the boring ones who take it seriously you have to do the full climb at the end.

If you had a few pints the night before you’ll have missed the queue at the start and prob wont make it to the climb in the top 100ish, so will only do part of the climb.

If you do it (it being the beer tent) properly you’ll miss the start, ride at the back all day looking ill and then cheer yourself up with a beer at the beer tent/DJ booth. This means they will have closed the course and packed up the finish line so you wont do any of the last climb, instead you just roll round the corner and back to camp to collect your free mug.

Its not a race right?

gearfreak
    Free Member

Of course if you are in the first 100 and don’t stop for a free beer then that counts as cheating. I’m following STATO’s plan, it’s worked well for the past few years.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its always worth stopping for a beer, especially to see the look on other people’s faces as they ride past and can’t fathom why you’ve stopped and what you’re drinking 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The beauty of the Dyfi is it’s still like an ‘old school’ MTB event. More emphasis on getting mullered and having a good time on bikes than competition. Long may it continue – we need more events like this.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The beauty of the Dyfi is it’s still like an ‘old school’ MTB event. More emphasis on getting mullered and having a good time on bikes than competition. Long may it continue – we need more events like this.

Amen to that.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If your one of the boring ones who take it seriously you have to do the full climb at the end.

If you had a few pints the night before you’ll have missed the queue at the start and prob wont make it to the climb in the top 100ish, so will only do part of the climb.

If you do it (it being the beer tent) properly you’ll miss the start, ride at the back all day looking ill and then cheer yourself up with a beer at the beer tent/DJ booth. This means they will have closed the course and packed up the finish line so you wont do any of the last climb, instead you just roll round the corner and back to camp to collect your free mug.

that’s making my brain hurt – my plan is to be well outside the top 350 😀

i’m considering riding around with a hip flask full of single malt, tap me on the shoulder if you require a swig . . .

STATO
    Free Member

At the back is where its at, no queues, everyone else is cheery, and you can chat with your mates.

WARNING: This plan tends to backfire if your wanting to get back and have a shower as the Sports-center dosn’t stay open late, but then you pass the river on the way back so…

acidchunks

no queues

Except for the 30 minute wait half way down the 1st descent.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Except for the 30 minute wait half way down the 1st descent.

that got me last year as I started at the back. But if you see early vids, it was flowing. So the technique is to get to the front and through the first descent before the trail-mincers get there.

Obviously, the course could be different this year. For years the first descent was quad-bike wide with a rough-as-**** overtaking lane. Great fun! I believe its been out of action recently due to forestry work.

Can’t wait now!
    See you all on sunday!
    Rider 848 I think, Ti Voodoo with a rohloff.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

For years the first descent was quad-bike wide with a rough-as-**** overtaking lane. Great fun!

That was fun.

Worst year was the section of the Climachx straight after the fireroad climb. Bottlenecktastic.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi enduro – the extra loop’ is closed to new replies.