Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro moaners
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Can people please stopping giving off about the Dyfi both here and on social media. I see folks complaining about the lack of bike wash last year, the price hikes over the years, etc etc. If you all keep doing it, I can see the organisers going scrap this we’re not doing it anymore, and you’ll lose what I and many believe to be one of the great long standing mtb events still on the calendar. I think it’s also slightly selfish in the manner that some of you are complaining, to not consider this.

So please without beating around the bush, just stop it. It’s a fantastic course and a great weekend.

(I have nothing to do with the event, I’m just a fan).

Mbnut
    Free Member

Shut up.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Dissent will not be tolerated.

airvent
    Free Member

Why dont you just ignore it? If nobody moaned nothing would ever improve, also wrong country if you dont like moaning it’s our thing.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Why dont you just ignore it?

Because there’s a chance the whole event could be scrapped. The organisers weren’t very pleased when I crossed the line last year at the attitude of everyone and seemed very fed up.

singletrackmind

Maybe ‘everyone’ was right and the organisers were wrong?
    Nearly 1000 entrantrants V half a dozen organisers , give or take?

I enjoyed it when I did it, great course , good campsite , the weather they organised was acceptable. Showers were hot , if not slightly muddy.

duncancallum

I love it but the jet wash last year was farcical. Though I think it was a last minute stipulation from the FC

Though I’m sure this year will be better

rOcKeTdOg

weren’t very pleased when I crossed the line last year

maybe rein it in this year?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Perhaps instead of moaning maybe a little thinking out of the box …

Bike wash long que ..

Everyone passed a petrol station .. waited 2 minutes and washed 3 bikes with the same £1
    So the problem lied where exactly

Mat

Are bike washes at races a common thing? How do people get by with riding that isn’t racing?

steve_b77
    Free Member

The bike wash last year was a last minute thing imposed on them by NRW due to some tree type disease in the forest that they didn’t want spreading nationwide, so in that respect they did rather well.

As for a queue, I don’t know what you’re on about. I did the long route, rode back and got my bike washes straight away. Free ice cream too, winner 👌🏼

sandwicheater

I typically apply the rule ‘could i have done better’.

I’d still be in the pub procrastinating about putting on the event so the answer is almost always NO.

Great event, looking forward to it this year.

duncancallum

We used the petrol station.

I even bought a beer whilst queuing

It was very refreshing

Tiger6791

Top tip: If you finish in the top 5 the queue is very short

HTH

whytetrash

This year I’m going to carry a sponge in my camelback…. seem to remember passing a river that’s ideal for a bike wash…. queue was long but good natured…. price hike only offended people because its been ridiculously cheap since it started, one rider pays 25 quid and can bring their family to camp for 3 nights, get a well stocked feed station, entertainment for kids, epic route, tubes if you punctured,generous spot prizes (tyres,map book,multitool,helmet for me so far😊)oh and a mug!

wonnyj
    Free Member

I love the mug!

senorj

I love the dyfi.
    I’ll only moan if it rains a lot.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro moaners’ is closed to new replies.