Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • dyfi enduro – how long does it take and how knackered will I be?
  • charliemort

now this is obviously subjective, but am i a complete idiot to even consider doing a Triathlon the next day?

cheers!

richc
    Free Member

if you are taking it easy and have a long break at the cake stop 4 1/2 to 5 hours.

sofatester
    Free Member

A Triathlete, riding off road? With corners and slippery surfaces?

YOU WILL DIE 😈

franki
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to be doing any kind of racing the following day!

Even if you take it steady, you’ll still know you’ve done it.

peachos
    Free Member

it’s my first dyfi – consider myself relatively fit and had couple of good results last year. those of you that entered in previous years, what were your times???

charliemort

sofatester – not a triathlete doing an mtb event. An mtb’er doing a triathlon…………

and as it happens my biggest crash was at 25mph on a lethal corner ……………… in a triathlon

but I do agree – if it’s got a roundabout, triathlete’s think it is technical

ourmaninthenorth

Am also intrigued by this, but partly because I’m staying with my folks near Cardigan (a good 90 mins each way from Machynlleth) and I don’t really want the whole day to be taken up.

PJ266
    Free Member

I’m looking at about 5 or 6 hours, Pour moi 😀

Surfr
    Free Member

Winning time was something like 2:45 I think. Average looked to be closer to 4 hours. I’ll be happy to finish in 5:30 to be honest.

ourmaninthenorth

Hmm. A time of, say, 5 hours means an 8+ hour day. I don’t have an issue with that – just hope Mrs North can cope with my parents for that length of time..!

Better do some training this week….

samuri
    Free Member

I’m having to work Saturday night/Sunday morning and then drive straight there, race and then drive back. That’ll be fun.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘dyfi enduro – how long does it take and how knackered will I be?’ is closed to new replies.