Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Dyfi 2014
  • rowlapa1974
    Free Member

CYB enduro has been £25.00 for the last two years and its just as good as the Dyfi enduro. Plus you get a mug when you finish just like the Dyfi

chvck
    Free Member

The CYB enduro has some great descents but, imo, it’s way harder than the dyfi!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I agree with chvck , it seems harder than the Dyfi . Will still be signing up for it though 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

There is less resting on the CyB enduro and the camping is not a patch on the Dyfi, but there is still a bar and the Lift bus burgers for apres ride feasting.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Can anyone remember the name of that funky ska band that played in the big top and then at the enduro bar?

rups
    Free Member

My first Dyfi and not the last I expect! Damn hard work on the climbs, ended up pushing some towards the end but the descents were worth it. Cleared the WC descent after hearing horror stories about it so fairly happy, no crashes and no mechanicals! Hi to the chap on the other green Solaris I had a quick chat to on the road, you were way faster than me and I’m fairly sure that’s not just down to the gnarlier/heavier build out on my bike haha.

As we all like them, here’s a race report I did: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2014/05/dyfi-enduro-2014/

shem
    Free Member

My first year not riding in 7 years, but being local I came up and watched and also drank and partied 😀
    heres a link to some photos and video footage, (video footage of the Caban Coch section, the rocky one before the world cup that generally is loved or hated!

http://shemovate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/dyfi-enduro-2014-photos-and-video.html

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Brill, you got me in the video shem. About 29s, overtaking the yellow full sus bike.
    🙂

superfli
    Free Member

Cheers for the photos shem, thats my mate Jesse (at front) and me behind on the WC descent on your blog page.
    Great weekend, not just riding, but even more so because of the campsite+festival feel. I took the family to CyB on Sat, and wife and son did the blue, both loved it and want to go back! Perfect excuse for a weekends riding in Wales!

HindlePie
    Free Member

Does anyone have a .gpx of the 2014 route? I want to see how it compares with other ones.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hindle Pie: yes. Drop me an email and I’ll send it to you

superfli
    Free Member
    shem
    Free Member

Glad I got a few of you. I must admit I regretted not riding, but Ive moved house and was knackerd. I did do the route 2 weeks ago with a mate 😀

the scar band that used to play was ‘Cartoon violence’ I think. If not a variant of them thats been coming and going for a few years now.

Superfli I think theres a close up of you on my photobucket link, should be let me know if you cant find it

superfli
    Free Member

Thanks Shem, but I cant see it?

shem
    Free Member

Ill check on my SD card later and drop one, Im sure I have!

shem
    Free Member

NO 98?

superfli
    Free Member

Not me 😉 I’m number 14. Orange Soul, white forks. red/white Urge AM helmet.
    Thanks anyway!

HindlePie
    Free Member

Cheers Superfli

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Cheers Shem , not sure its them though .

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjLymrcQhc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nice video edit pitcherpro. Like the comedy over-enthusiastic overtaking-attempt dismount!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

All part of the fun bandito!

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Great event,a big thanks to everyone involved-we had a great weekend.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MkvWDqp25E[/video]

sambuka
    Free Member

the world cup descent looks so much flatter on screen!

julioflo
    Free Member

Gravesendgrunt the single track in your vid, from 1.30 onwards, was that on the long route? Didn’t make the cut for the long route, was riding my wife, it was her 1st off road ride over 30miles and we were mostly pootling along and having a mellow old ride. Loved it to bits though and will be back.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

No julioflo it was us playing up on The ClimachX Trail final descent(right hander at top of first climb) on the Saturday.The extra loop on the enduro took in a traverse of the Climachxs,then dropped down a nice rocky loose descent and into a final mud/loamy descent (about 3.40 in video).

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Gravesendgrunt – class video that, thanks very much for sharing. 😛 😛

superfli
    Free Member

You got me and my lad playing table footy Gravesendgrunt! My lad is chuffed 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 81 through 107 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi 2014’ is closed to new replies.