Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)
  • Dyfi 2014
  • rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Just got home after a great day on my first Dfyi enduro.

How did everyone else get on, healing vibes to the two guys I spotted hitting the deck hard.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just got home after my 6th.

singlespeedstu

I’ll take a wild stab in the dark.
    Some people were fast and loved it.
    Some people pushed up the climbs and complained that “slow” people got in their way.
    Some people were slow and loved it.

And tomorrow someone will complane that the people enjoying themselves in the beer tent kept the awake.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    singlespeedstu

6th?

ppppff.
    Just enter a singlespeed race and you can come 4th without even trying. 😉

rhid

Just home from my 6th and it was a tough one this year. I wish soneone had slapped me when i decided to do the long loop extension!! Still.a fantastic event apart from those people in the beer tent keeping me awake while they were having fun….

mattbilliard
    Free Member

Back from my 2nd. What surprised me was people on FS bikes walking down some of the descents.

The knife edge was entertaining but not my fav.

Will be back next year

Rorschach
    Free Member

What did’nt surprise me, were people on ht 29er bikes WITH GEARS walking up some of the climbs

simonbowns
    Free Member

My first, punctured on the road before the forest and fell off later. Still loved it!

Do they post times, or is the finish just so they know not to go looking for you?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Was another great event, and the weather was perfect for it. Not too hot or too cold IMO.

I beat myself with the pain stick to come in 41st. Smashed my 79th from last year, so I’m even happier. Well done to the organisers.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I was 12th one year and hated every minute of it.
    I was 65th another year and got pissed at the on course disco and it was AWESOMEz.
    Draw from that what you will.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

SSStu, I hope you didn’t overtake anyone this year. You know what happens. 😆

singlespeedstu

Haterz gona hate. 😆

hydrophil
    Free Member

In defence of those 29er HTs who were walking (yep that includes me)
    Only walking section for me was the singletrack climb after the pit stop and the only reason I didnt have a go at that was because there were about 50 people walking, mostly on those pesky 26ers 😀
    Great event as ever – do they put more fireroad climbs in each year? its amazing how you forget!

matther01
    Free Member

First time…and had a shocker. Had no idea just how much elevation there was at the beginning and hadn’t been doing much fitness. Somehow pulled my calf muscle at the top getting off my bike?! Did the first decent and something came loose with either the fork or hub…loads of play and came a right cropper…and after taking my knee pads off cos they were itchy!! Wasn’t able to find or fix what it was and nursed it back to the 45km. Currently sat in a vat of savlon…bloody chaffing. Pissed off…but will be back next year with a working bike and legs like mo farah…just not skinny or black.

DanEvs
    Free Member

Loved every minute, brilliant event made better by the fact I didn’t crash/puncture or die. 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

And you won it!!!!!!!!

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Wicked time. Missed last year so welcome return for my seventh dyfi.

Camped, drunk beer slept well.

Passed people on the descents with a smile and polite request. possibly.

Still binned it on the steep section of the worlds cup descent and used the foliage to slow me down. Matt billiard has it all on his gopro.

Beer and soul tunes always appreciated.

And nice that my 10 yr 26er still got a few admiring looks and comments. 🙂

chipps

Just back after my 12th Dyfi. Loved it. Lacking fitness and with added cramp, so ‘only’ did the short loop. Great weather and good, cheery folks out on course (and in the beer tent last night). Story up on the main page tomorrow – and yes, times will be posted in a day or so too.
    I think I filmed some of it too, so hopefully some of that has come out and I can make a quick film of it.
    Back next year – hopefully for the full weekend for once!

Flippinkipper
    Free Member

Yesterday I carved some 🙂 into some flat stones at the top of the Bailey Bridge Descent to inspire people (exposed ridge dropping down into the forest). Did anyone see them?

DanEvs
    Free Member

Anyone seen any pics yet?

lerk
    Free Member

I also failed 🙁

ended up driving down this morning which was a three and a half hour stint, then also pulled my calf getting off the bike for a piss stop and the quads cramped up on the way down from the moor before World Cup, had a few moments of laying down at the side of the trail – persevered but slipped slowly back down the rankings until there was no one left behind me at the feed stop.

Next year we will be camping the night before…!

rowlapa1974
    Free Member

Chipps got cramp! So even editors of st suffer like everyone else 😆

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Home from my 2nd Dyfi , thoroughly enjoyed it but after the first main road section as my tubeless rear decided to go flat .
    Watching the rest of the field pass by as i fitted a tube was a pretty grim moment ….managed to claw my way back somehow?
    Managed the full run down the world cup which was superb! 😉

charliemort

it was fantastic – got round with mrs M in about 4:17 – think she may have been second lady, not bad at 48 1/2 with 3 kids

if she had a dropper so didn’t stop at every descent and hadn’t queued for the bog at the feed station may have been first in…..

Dark-Side

What a great event, I was offered a spare.place on Saturday evening by a mate and I’m really glad I took it, I think it will be an annual event for me from now on. I’d like to give a big thank you to the organisers, marshals, St Johns, and anyone else involved in making Dyfi such a memorable and unique experience.

vinnyeh

On the off chance that someone found a pair of Oakley glasses somewhere between the feed station and the finish, they’re probably mine….

chvck
    Free Member

Not my best dyfi but mostly enjoyed it anyway. Ridden in the dyfi quite a lot and never fallen off before – yesterday I fell off on the second part of baileys and on the bottom of dickos, feeling raw today. Also managed to put a huge hole in my tyre at the bottom of goshawk. Big thanks to the guy who gave me a tube and to the guy who gave me a tyre boot which got me to the end before everything went flat again! Good weekend none the less!

YellowBelly
    Free Member

No cheerleaders. Gutted.

Dark-Side

Dan Wyre has posted some pics up on the Dyfi FB group.

scottyroyal
    Free Member

First one, cracking event, not just a good ride but lots going on in the event village and town itself. Something that’s missing from a lot of events.

No punctures, one minor crash on the last rutted muddy descent, although more of a grind to a half and tip over thing.

Ps….cheerleaders were on first climb, they had beards and bulges in the wrong places tho.

Scot

eddie11
    Free Member

2nd dyfi. Less punctures this year, hurrah. But more crashes, boo. Looooong drive home though. Bit knack erred this morning. Thanks to all who organised it! 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

What a great event – really friendly vibe, ace riding, perfect riding weather. Pottered round and really enjoyed it. Big thanks to the organisers and everyone involved. 🙂

dti

We’ll summarised badlywireddog, nice beer and sausage rolls.

Dark-Side

I managed 10 sausage rolls at the feed. Paid for it on the next climb mind.

shifter
    Free Member

Saints alive – that slate is slippery! First Dyfi for me and paid the price of zero preparation – my lower back was in bits on the fire roads. Enjoyed it though, and will be back.
    Oh, beer festival next door? whose daft idea was that? 🙂

summittoppler
    Free Member

I think that was my most enjoyable Dyfi in 8 rides. I was the daft one on the fat bike, and it rode better than my hardtail last year!!

Drillski
    Free Member

Gutted to have missed it. Was about to start loading the truck on Friday afternoon but decided to mow the lawns before we left. Unfortunately a random bit hof crap decided to lodge itself in my eye in the orocess and scratch the surface of my cornea. A bit sore initially but tried not to rub it etc etc but woke up Saturday morning with it all swollen up and very painful. So sadly had to give it a miss. Looking forward to next year!
    Sounds like everyone had a great time. Beer festival, right next door…. That must have been a burden…. 😀

dazh

My 5th one this year and the best I’ve done by a mile. First half was a struggle thanks to the previous nights drinking, but the legs woke up after the feed station, and I beat last year’s time by nearly an hour despite slashing my tyre at the top of the last descent and having to run the last 3k. One year I might actually complete it without a mechanical mishap or loads of punctures.

tomaso
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the whole weekend. Shredded my knee on some slate and feel electing not to wear knee pads was a mistake…
    Being driven back now by Mrs T as my knee don’t bend no more. Going to A&E to get some stitches. Big thanks to St John’s Ambulance for cleaning me up and the butterfly stitches.
    Velovichi entertainment did a great job and I loved the bike jousting!

dazh

Tomaso was that you then at the end valiantly trying to do the parents mini-bike race thing with one outstretched leg and a knee bandage?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 107 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi 2014’ is closed to new replies.