Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Dyfi
  • chipps

Story up on the front page now Howies Dyfi Enduro
    Sorry I couldn’t hang around and camp on the Sunday night too. I’d have loved to slip quietly into tired drunken ramblingness. 🙂
    Great event as always and so good to see all the crowds out to cheer everyone on at the start. It was my first experience of starting anywhere but the back and anywhere but cripplingly hungover (it’s usually me making noise at 2am, not this year, though I can’t say I had trouble sleeping after a few beers.)
    Great as always and I’m still amazed at how big that first hill is!
    Thanks to Joe, Fraz and the rest of the team. I’ll be back next year for my dozenth one.

nickhart
    Free Member

hey chips, how was the bigger broom? it was also brilliant to see a purple pace fleece still in action…

chipps

Those Pace fleeces don’t seem to die. And they’re still pretty windproof, even after 20 years of use…

The big wheeler was great fun on the descents, fine on the flat and possibly a little lardy on the climbs. Or was that the rider? 😉 Good to chat to you, Nick.

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Nice photos Chipps… Especially the one of me grabbing a beer! 🙂

vincelee888
    Free Member

top weekend! 2nd time of entering; managed to enjoy it this year, as opposed to dreading what was round the next corner…

was mildly pissed off with the screaming in the middle of the night, but will bring earplugs next year!

how did the couple of guys who rode the old school rigid clunkers for a bet get on?

acejoy
    Free Member

PHOTOS FROM THE FEED STATION CLIMB

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/acejoy/library/Dyfi%202013%20Feed%20Station

I was out this year due to injury and ended up sitting at the feed station taking pics of you all struggling up the climb. I’ve stuck them all at the above link. SOme are s spot out of focus or have motion blur but most are ok and I thought I’d share the love. The file names are the rider numbers (e.g. 637.jpg), some pictures having multiple riders on (e.g. 353_636). If anyone want a hi res image drop me an email (in profile) and I’ll send it on.

Feel free to spread the link around too as I’m only really active on this forum.

summittoppler
    Free Member

Here’s my video from the day

Enjoy

Clover

Nice pics and nice vid.

It was a cracking day!

chrispo
    Free Member

Nice pics acejoy
    I put one in my blog

dti

Another great video from my son’s mate.

The Event distilled in 4 and a bit minutes

will sanders dyfi enduro film

singlespeedstu

What a great video. Thanks for posting.
    Sums up the event very well.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah great vid – must do this sometime.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Great vid , happy to make a very brief appearance! 8)

acejoy
    Free Member

Quality video!

acejoy
    Free Member

Hi, sorry I’m afraid I’ve locked the feed station pics out of respect for the official photographer Jon.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Hi, sorry I’m afraid I’ve locked the feed station pics out of respect for the official photographer Jon.

i don’t feel so bad about you missing me now 🙂

interesting development though….

postierich
    Free Member

Jons had arty bits of grass in the way!!!

Did he complain?

acejoy
    Free Member

No not at all but he is the official guy for photos and helps to put on the awesome event that is the Dyfi. Therefore I don’t want to detract from his hard work or his business.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve done four previous Dyfis and this year I’d been training hard to aim for a top-10% finish place (I know, it’s meant to be chilled out etc, but the route cries out to be ridden in anger). Two friends broke their collar bones this year and I was counting my blessings right up to four days before the event. Then, of course, it happened to me. Next year seems a long, long, long way away.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi’ is closed to new replies.