• This topic has 33 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by pdV6.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dx lights when charging does the……..
  • postierich
    Free Member

charger go from a red light to green when charged and roughly how long?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

that battery is fully charged

postierich
    Free Member

Hi Rob I,m charging the other one as I,ve managed to get it fixed,thanks for the extra bag top man!

Anyway is green fully charged then?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

yup sure is

surfer
    Free Member

Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has.

Mine arrived this morning however no charging instructions in the box. Dont get me wrong, when they are flat you plug them in etc!!! but I just want to be clear on the best process.
    Its not clear how "charged" they currently are, as new. Is it OK to simply plug them in and leave them for a couple of hours to make sure they are fully charged?
    How long does a full charge from "flat" take?

Cheers

dobo
    Free Member

i got a couple hrs out of mine from new so fairly charged already.

i would say that if the green light is on dont charge them

if the red light is on, charge them

as they are dx lights i would recommend not overcharging them , e.g when they go green stop charging!

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks Dobo.

Surfer

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I am currently charging my new DX battery from SMUDGE off here – 5hr run time and the same size as the original DX battery 🙂

He is a gent!

Dobbo

A slight swerve from the OP question, but, where can you get spare batteries for the DX bike light, if they are available that is?

This is the light we are all talking about I presume.

gazman
    Free Member

SURFER, how long did it take for your light to come mate mines been ordered 2 weeks? thanks, gaz

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Dobbo – Member

A slight swerve from the OP question, but, where can you get spare batteries for the DX bike light, if they are available that is?

This is the light we are all talking about I presume.

smudgemtbuk@aol.com
    Smudge may be able to help you (double runtime also 😉

surfer
    Free Member

Gazman.

I ordered it on the 12th of October. It arrived yesterday, or it would have done if I had been in!

Dobbo

Cheers Rob I'll bung an email his way 8)

kitebikeski
    Free Member

If my one very wet ride before DX battery failure is anything to go by I think smudge is going to be a busy boy!

smudge
    Free Member

Sounds good business to me 🙂
    But can I point out my batteries are not 100% waterproof, I try my best with double sleeving and silicone under the cable exit. I would also suggest popping mine or other batteries into re-sealable sandwich bags before putting them into pouches- unless you want them bottle housed.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I am 110% pleased as punch with mine – whole heartedly recommend the smudgemesiter!

radoggair
    Free Member

take roughly 6 hours from flat to charge fully

Not had any issues over charging as such. Use mine evey day so far with no probs.

Wrap them in coin bags for extra waterproofness

greasystain
    Free Member

Still waiting for my DX 'bastid' but sounds like I need to email Smudge about one of these fancy batteries.

YGM Smudge

smudge
    Free Member

Out of interest do you know if DX sell those battery pouches separately? Ive tried everywhere to source pouches but cant get very far

racing_ralph
    Free Member

see my post below smudge re decathlon neoprene pouches

brakes
    Free Member

I got my DX light yesterday – I paid extra for EMS delivery and they took 2.5 weeks to arrive

surfer
    Free Member

Used mine last night on some local paths that I know well. First time ever off road in the dark.
    Really pleased with the DX and managed to hoof along quite quickly.

smartiekid
    Free Member

Got mine yesterday. Only ordered on 1st Nov….didn't even pay for EMS delivery, just stuck to free. 🙂

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone know the capacity of the stock battery? in ah

spock
    Free Member

smudge, Is that battery pack 6v so i can use it with my cateyes? And how much are you asking, thanks.

Sum
    Free Member

The DX pack is ~7.4v. I over-volt my Cateye RC lights with a NiMH 7.2v pack and they've been ok – extra brightness & efficiency at the expense of bulb lifetime.

spock
    Free Member

good stuff, ill email smudge

smudge
    Free Member

Here you go the DX Compatible Li-Ion Battery that a few have already bought from me. Built from high quality 2.6AH cells,the lead is approx 1 metre long, this can be shortened or lengthened on ordering.

Please email me for more details if you are interested as they are built to order.

smudge
    Free Member

What do you think of the battery bag that holds these batteries?

I have an opportunity to buy quite a few for my own stock/use but if their naff I wont pursue it.

devs
    Free Member

The bag is pretty pants to be honest. Having said that, I clip mine to the shoulder strap of my camelbak for helmet use and it's been fine in some pretty rotten conditions. I might invest in some clingfilm for the battery to help with the waterproofing then.

BoardinBob

Rather than start a new thread, could someone confirm that a normal shaving adaptor plug is suitable for the DX charger?

cookeaa

Is that 5Hrs Run time on Full?
    Tempting…. but my stock battery is OK for now…

As for the Battery Bag, It’s crap, compact but needs supplementing with Cling film or a baggy as above in the wet and unless strapped up good and proper can move…

I’d prefer a bottle type battery I was half considering drilling the lid of one of these: storage bottles putting a cable grommet in and some foam to carry the standard DX battery in a Down tube mounted cage, except for the obvious bulk of it…

Thinking about it though rather than a whole bottle sized battery housing a compact bottle boss mountable hard case could be another good upgrade over and above the Stock DX Bastid kit, another USP?…

pdV6
    Free Member

The bags are pretty basic; to use the velcro to hold them on to a frame tube, you're effectively opening it part-way to the elements. They do have plastic loops built in for a separate velcro strap but I've used a zip tie instead for security.

In summary: better than nothing but leaves a lot to be desired.

The Hope ones are much better (as you'd expect for the price!) but still need a zip tie to be sure they won't fall off.

pdV6
    Free Member

Oh yeah – a standard 50p shaver plug adaptor from Sainsbury's works fine.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dx lights when charging does the……..’ is closed to new replies.