• This topic has 20 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by grum.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dusty room warning!
  • leondemille
    Free Member

When you need a reminder that not everyone is a self serving entitled person!

pondo

Outstanding.

BigJohn

Wonderful. Truly wonderful.

Philby

Very moving… it got a little dusty here.

theotherjonv

the video only gives part of the story too – when Esther asks if anyone owes their life to Sir Nicholas, about 2 dozen of the audience stand up.

But then it goes on, and everyone else in the audience that night if not directly one of his children, are the children or grandchildren of the kids he saved.

And he never thought to mention it until his wife found the records he’d kept in the loft 50 years later.

Ambrose

One of the world’s best people.

irc

A good clip here. What an achievement. Working as a stockbroker during the day. Saving hundreds of kids after work. Forging travel documents. Beating red tape.

Has the above clip without the added background music.

frankconway

Nicholas Winton – such a wonderful person.

Poopscoop

Wow.
    Yeah, a little dusty here I must confess.

matt_outandabout

The like button doesn’t go far enough sometimes.

avdave2

A post to keep this at the top of the page where it belongs

supernova

FFS I’ve got to go to the garage now and act like I know what I’m talking about with puffy eyes.

joshvegas
    Free Member

-You lot need to man up.

Theres hee haw dust here just a good honest cry. I have seen that clip loads of times and it gets me everytime.

If he can shed a tear i am sure you lot can also admit it.

leffeboy

yeah, got me too.  I’m also glad it was Esther Rantzen doing the program as well as she does it so well

rascal
    Free Member

Crikey.

Oblongbob

Bloody hell. What a guy. What a story. I hadn’t heard it before. I hope there are others like him just now, as the world sadly really needs it.

richmtb

Thats such a wonderful story, thanks for sharing

sharkbait
    Free Member

Oh b******* 😰
    👏

scud
    Free Member

There was a horrible fact someone posted yesterday, that if you read out the name of someone murdered in the Holocaust once a minute, you’d still be doing it 11 years later…

SaxonRider

I just opened this thread – being a little late to the party – and holy smokes. I’m glad I did. Words aren’t enough. Thanks for posting.

grum
    Free Member

Got me too. I’d never heard of him, what an amazing story.

The fact he never mentioned it to anyone is kind of mind-boggling. His modern-day counterpart would have live-streamed what he was doing on instagram stories and been immediately arrested. 😛

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dusty room warning!’ is closed to new replies.