Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dusty moment!
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

Another watershed moment as my eldest sets off for his first day at 6th Form in Sheffield. No longer at school in the valley, up and off on his own. Very proud of him but really tugs at the heartstrings watching him set off down the lane on a new chapter in his life.

jamj1974

I can imagine! Best of luck to him!

wwaswas

My daughter starts secondary school and my son sixth form today.

Just about to watch them toddle off out the door together as he’s agreed to take her in for her first day.

Markie
    Free Member

Ms Makrie Jr’s first day at school proper today.

It seems like maybe three weeks ago I was holding her for the first time 😕

midlifecrashes

Just back from riding in with youngest to his first day at secondary, eldest starts sixth form tomorrow. Thirteen years of up and down to the primary over now. Not going to say time flies, I had hair when they started school!

molgrips
    Free Member

My eldest is starting reception tomorrow.

Unlike Markie it seems like forever since she was born 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Last Thursday I took my late sister’s son aged 28 to the airport for a flight to South Korea, where he is starting as an English and music teacher. The check-in agent thought he was my son, which got me a bit sniffy because I realised that in a few years I would also be saying goodbye to my own son, now 14, when he heads off to uni.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s weird, when both boys had their first days as the local school I was beaming from ear to ear, really happy for them. But this feels much more like the beginning of the end of a chapter in my life, happy for him but it going to leave a huge hole when one and then the other leave home.

I’ll have to start speaking to MrsCat again about things other than the kids, what the hell are we going to talk about?

jamj1974

Probably the kids!

Junkyard
    Free Member

what the hell are we going to talk about?

Moan about how the ungrateful shits dont speak to you anymore as they are busy getting drunk, experimenting with drugs and sex which , iirc , were moderately more interesting than my parents in my yoof 😉

I have a decade to prepare for this myself.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@Junky – suddenly feel very close to my Mum & Dad!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dusty moment!’ is closed to new replies.