Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dursley locals…
  • byeway
    Free Member

I aim to do the Wooton / Dursley / Nailworth Loop riding from Bristol and bivvying out on Friday night.

Plans are loose but hope to be above Dursley on Friday evening. Any local suggestions for a friendly pub for a quiet beer and thaw out on Friday night.

qwerty
    Free Member

Brrrr – it’s gonna be frosty I reckon. Can’t help with a Durzle pub I’m afraid, GeForceJunky’s you man for that patch.

neila

The Old Spot in ‘town’ normally has a cracking ale selection, should be warm and cosy. Just drop down Broadway from the golf course. Also the New Inn just at the bottom of Whiteway Hill Woodmancote has a good rep for beer too.

GeForceJunky

Old Spot for a good ale is by far the best pub around, little wooden side gate to get your bike into the beer garden. Fairly busy but always nice and warm. Old Ric is the favoured local beer but there is always a good variety. I’ve got a spare bedroom if you fancy a warm shower and a cosy bed over a cold miserable bivvy! I could even be tempted by an evening ride if you want some company.

byeway
    Free Member

Thanks for the info – and offer of a bed but the night out under the stars is all part of it (Bivvy a month – November) Not sure of my schedule at work beforehand so might be difficult to rendezvous, maybe another time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dursley locals…’ is closed to new replies.