• This topic has 107 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • dumped
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon, would you mind PM’ing me if you’ve got a mo?

YGM 🙂

hora
    Free Member

There are plenty of ladies out there. High quality ones too. Its not just good blokes who are dumped you know. Men do it to. I know 3 single girls who, in a parallel universe I’d be allover commitment-wise in a minute. Great girls, good personalities etc.

Do they have to be Vegans though? Not just a Veggie? I’m a partial-veggist (no Im not offering myself), I eat Vegetarian 95% of the time (prefer it) but sometimes fall off the bandwagon (bigtime, like a cockhungrywhore). Surely these types would be ok?

I was going to delete this last paragraph as it became worse the more I typed….but hey 🙄

brack
    Free Member

Some sound advice on here…but Im guessing it will all be bouncing off you at the momment as our head is totally screwed.

Please remember that you are not the only one that this has happened to … I know of at least 2 mates that are going through similar at the momment – and whilst this is of little comfort to you, it may make you realise that you are not alone and that surpressing any feelings or emotions out of a sense of pride is an outdated prctice.

I split up from my 12 year partner ( ammicable) who was my best friend, really understood me and whose parents I regarded as my own.

We’d just renovated our dream house – I did nearly all of the work and for the final 6 months new that I had to complete the works despite knowing that our relationship was well and truly over.

Knowing that I was never going to afford the mortgage on my own ( she could) I literally walked down the driveway with a rucksack on my back and travelled/ worked around tha world….glamerous on paper but in truth my head didn’t really get sorted until I returned back to the UK in 2006/7.

I lived out of a van for a year to save enough cash for a mortgage….Im busy renovating a house and have a gorgeous girlfriend.

What Im trying to say is….don’t give up hope, focus on whats good in your life, face up to the situation and be honest with yourself.

Oh and print of a copy of Kiplings IF…it will give you strength at times when you feel sh1t.

Oh and get out and ride….!!

Good luck pal!

hora
    Free Member

Oh. I better go and ringfence Mrshora. Taken-guys….I suggest likewise

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

BD I replied to yr email, just so you know… [sorry folks]

roundwheels
    Free Member

simon you seem to be all over this post like a rash and taken it harder than xherbivorex have you been dump as well ❓ or do you need to share something with us

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

or do you need to share something with us

Well, my message is you can completely recover from depression, as I know from personal experience. And yes I’ve been dumped a time or two, though not recently.

and taken it harder than xherbivorex

I don’t know where you get that from!

MrNutt
    Free Member

did Hora just describe himself as a cockhungrywhore?

hope you’re ok xherbivorex, try to keep your chin up mate 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah i’ll be fine.
    thanks for most of the replies!

roundwheels
    Free Member

simon depression is a strong word to use havin had two life changing experiences in the last to six months gladly i can say that being dumped is not one of them if given the chose i would chose that every time. how ever all i can say is being dumped is not the end if the world and should be seen and a new beginning and move forward and a lot worse can happen than being dumped

Free Member

xherbivorex ;

Hi bud,

I’ve not read page 2, so unsure whether its been suggested.

consider renting out a spare room, I assume your place has more than 1 bedroom, sure it means a sacrifice, but only a small one as you wont have to move.

Sorry to hear the girl has done this to you, what a cow.

I remember splitting up with my ex, and now we get along alright, fortunately we are both very chilled out and get along just fine.

good luck with it all and all the best,
    Jonathan 😉

woodsman
    Free Member

I know what you’re going through, as I’m currently going through something similar. It does feel as though there is no future, just try and keep positive, I know that’s easier said than done. Contact all of your mates, let them know, arrange as much as possible to keep yourself busy. It is going to take some time but you will feel better and be back to your old self again. Oh, and try not to do any thing hasty – take it easy.

All the very best

Pete aka Woodsman

muddydwarf
    Free Member

xherbivorex –

I’m sorry to hear your news. The same happened to me 5 weeks before Xmas & it’s not been a good time – we were together almost 9yrs as well.
    The thing is this; i let it all get on top of me & in the 1st week of the New Year i came unnervingly close to doing something absolutely stupid & extremely final.
    If you start to get those feelings please, please, please speak to your doctor. I did & whilst i hated opening up to him the medication he prescribed me has helped to stabilise my thought patterns & whilst i am still sad & upset i’m no longer suicidal.

Yes, life is cr@p at the moment & we both know it won’t get better in a hurry.
    However, have faith that it WILL GET BETTER.

my e-mail is in my account thingy if you want to get in touch.

In times of sadness it’s important to focus on the positives:

You now qualify for reduced rate council tax.

Seriously though, chin up. Hope to see you around sometime again on the SMM evening rides. (Unless Binners changes the start time again, leaving you stood alone in the cold, dark night, with monsters, vampires and men in corsets 😉

JoeBones
    Free Member

I dumped my wife last May after ten years, now I am in love and going like a sewing machine every night, life is good 🙂

NZCol

JoeBones shows a mans view of what makes us tick 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

JoeBones shows a mans view of what makes us tick

not me

mrchrispy

not much to say ‘rex as most of it has been said.

you’ll pull through.

i must say there has been some heart warming honesty on here and that nice and I’ve also had a good LOL at a couple of the posts (I’m looking at you JoeBones).

NZCol

simonfbarnes – see that thing at the end of my post. You know, the collection of characters – thats to signify that it was sarcastic.
    Sarcasm could well be called the lowest form of humour. But it is humour nonetheless.
    I’m glad you felt you had to clarify that you don’t align with the all-male stereotype. FFS. Honestly.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thats to signify that it was sarcastic.

really ? It could mean so many things – toothache perhaps ?

I’m glad you felt you had to clarify that you don’t align with the all-male stereotype.

all stereotypes are an anathema to me. They serve no useful purpose.

NZCol

I tell ya
    simonfbarnes – Member
    right enough

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Second that one NZCol – I’m surprised it took him this long to lob in and make this thread about himself. I’m delighted to hear he got over the depression an’ all, however, maybe some treatment is still needed for all the attention seeking.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

maybe some treatment is still needed for all the attention seeking.

actually I get off on being insulted :o)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah no, it wasn’t an insult at all – just something that came to mind after reading all your cries for help.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

just something that came to mind after reading all your cries for help.

ooh, subtle!

twohats
    Free Member

NZCol – Member

I tell ya
    simonfbarnes – Member
    right enough

😆

macmclaren
    Free Member

xherbivorex, hows it going now dude??

hora
    Free Member

xherbivorex, hope your ok? This might not help but there is always someone worse off- I was speaking to someone last night who owes 20k on credit cards. 😯

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘dumped’ is closed to new replies.