Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • dummy tubeless Q… (maxxis)
  • alpin
    Free Member

do i need UST tyres or will a set of Maxxis HRII work? tyres are have the EXO label, so the sidewalls are thickened.

cheers

Northwind

Can’t speak for HR2s but my Exo Advantage went up very easily and stayed up.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I have a HR 2 tubeless. Make sure rim is clean and smear the tyre rim with some latex. Then snap on and pump to 45psi. Went up easy with trackpump. You should hear some real cracks as you pump up and it seats. Spin wheel while pumping to get latex to all areas. Leave over night at 45psi. I then run mine at 20ps. Perfect 🙂 I assume you have tubeless rims not some bodge.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, mavic deemax wheels.

cheers pawsy bear….. got anything to say about the performance of the HR2? how do they compare width wise to other 2.3-2.5 tyres?

seavers
    Free Member

I put some cheapo Advantage wire beads on stans flow rims with stans sealant, work a treat. although the rear had to be be pumped up a couple of times but after a ride it was good.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Think the HR2 is a great tyre for winter or Alp conditions with LUST 2.35 on the rear. Lots of people running that set up here in Andorra, vallnord bike park. Run 2.25 Ardents in the summer. Last day to day on some natural trails with guide. Great riding here in bike park or on the trails.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘dummy tubeless Q… (maxxis)’ is closed to new replies.