Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dumfries Trails – reopened after Storm Arwen?
  • sanername

Hi All,

As the 7 Stanes website hasn’t seemed to have been updated, does anyone know the state of Ae, Mabie or Drumlanrig? I’m up for a couple of days and don’t want to get stuck moving on to fire roads if the trails are still knackered.

Thanks

The-Beard

Most of Mabie is passable, there are still some small sections that are blocked and a lot of the off-piste is destroyed.  I believe Ae has been very badly hit, not sure about Drumlanrig.  Dalbeattie has quite a bit of damage in places but you can still link up enough trails.

sanername

Super helpful, thanks.

scotabroad

As above Mabie open, I think that Ae red is open with diversions – a lot of the the off piste trails are blocked/ trashed and slowly being opened.

sanername

Mabie it is then!

vmgscot

Drumlanrig badly hit as well, not yet open

jamesmio
    Free Member

There’s been a pretty monumental effort by the locals at Ae to get stuff cleared, particularly this weekend so may be worth a check in at the shop. I know a lot of stuff on the Shredder/DH hill has had a lot of work of late.

Mabie Red isn’t too bad.

Haven’t been for a week or so so it may be better now but the Ridge climb (up to where the bench used to be / the wall) is blocked in a few places.

There’s also a mildly annoying diversion on the section after the top of the Scorpions Tail which drops you right back where you started with very little reward but other than that it’s largely running well.

The-Beard

Haven’t been for a week or so so it may be better now but the Ridge climb (up to where the bench used to be / the wall) is blocked in a few places.

That’s passable now.  We were up there last week.

sanername

Just back from Mabie, did the red and whilst there are still a few diversion signs up, nothing was actually in the way on the trail if you don’t follow them to the letter.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dumfries Trails – reopened after Storm Arwen?’ is closed to new replies.