Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dumb Android Question: Source of legal TV/movie content?
  • higgo
    Free Member

I have an Android phone. I’ve got some DVDs. I’ve got some software that converts DVDs for Android but I get mixed results. Sometimes it works, sometimes the software tells me there’s a problem and sometimes it appears to have worked but the file won’t play.

Also, I’d like to download stuff like TV series or films that I haven’t got. I don’t mind paying for content – not at all interested in illegal downloads etc.

Now I see that ‘Google Play Movies’ is out there but from a quick look it doesn’t have a large or interesting library. And I know that iTunes still DRM protects video so I can’t use that.

So…. what do people use?

Martz
    Free Member

Netflix works well on Android, £6 a month. Not the greatest selection of films but plenty of TV to go at.

BBC Iplayer app is OK too.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Can I hijack and extend the question to mp3 files – I’ve downloaded a bunch to my phone but it refuses to recognise any of them other than the two in teh same folder that it came with.

sam42
    Free Member

4OD works through an android browser, I assume I player will too….

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

iplayer resolution & streaming is pants though.
    I use Moboplayer (think that’s the name) on mine, to play videos that the native player won’t handle – works well.

studuck
    Free Member

what software do people use for ripping dvds to use on tablet/phone. I have used handbrake before but always found it overly complicated and it now crashes every time I try to run it on my laptop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dumb Android Question: Source of legal TV/movie content?’ is closed to new replies.