Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dullness content – sorry: Sacking a property factor in Scotland for being crap
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Hello,

just wondering if anyone has any idea how I would go about sacking the property factor who “looks after” the block of flats in Glasgow where I used to live and where I still have a flat?

To say that they (being Hacking and Pat) are crap doesn’t come close to the situation. Is there anyway that I can get rid, or are they are on a perpetual contract specified in the deeds?

Thanks.

Webwonk

cudubh

First place to start looking is your title. The arrangements for their appointment are likely to be in their especially if it is realtively new. My experience of factors is that most of them are equally bad though. Maybe some are better iitially, trying to impress. Hope you can get them sorted.

franksinatra

make sure you have the support of you neighbours as well, you won’t be able to do anything on your own

BoardinBob

I tried it a couple of years ago (Charles White). The stumbling block was trying to get neighbours on board. Small cul-de-sac with two blocks of new build flats. 64 dwellings in total. I sent a letter to every single one and got 3 responses. Nowhere near enough to get them removed as per the rules in our deeds. Most people can’t be arsed.

Dolcered

I’m with Peverel. Seem to charge lots for not a lot.

I’m also in an estate, you need to get the majority of home owners on board. As they only got charged £12.45 for the last 6months work (compared to my £563) they aren’t too fussed about changing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dullness content – sorry: Sacking a property factor in Scotland for being crap’ is closed to new replies.