Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Dull=cars V70 owners
  • boblo
    Free Member

Anyone here driving the latest V70 D5 auto? Interested in your real world observations specially as a bike wagon.

Ta.

pjm84
    Free Member

Driving an even duller 2012 – 1.6 Drive R design V70. What do you want to know?

50mpg+ and £30 a year VED, low insurance, comfortable, quiet and so far reliable*. Wears well*, no rattles*, good sound system and cost effective to buy (second hand). I bought mine 6 months old, high spec car, for £21k with 6,000 miles on clock, was offered a similarly spec nearly new 5 series for £32k. The V70 replaced an 2005 D5 XC70.

(*unlike an Audi I used to own).

Can put an XL 29er in the back with the wheels on, or two (XXL / XL) with some of the wheels and the seatpost on the XXL bike removed

Davesport

What do you need to know ? Mrs Davesport’s got the latest model of XC70 with the D5 Auto box. It’s pretty good in most regards & delivers consistent low 30’s mpg. My only criticism would be it’s lack of composure if you’re pressing on. Changes of direction & undulating roads can upset the thing.

Great motor & excellent bike wagon 😀

RustyNissanPrairie

Driving a 2004 2.4 petrol V70 with 125k miles. Big barge like handling on Welsh twisties but continent crossing comfort.

Built like a tank underneath, wife drove into a wall with it at 20mph, and then a car hit it last weekend, Ford Galaxy courtesy car is utter crap in comparison and its brand new.

Gets abused daily for business and stuffed full of boxes, interior wearing well, rest of car v.reliable.

Would buy another Volvo to replace this when it eventually dies.

boblo
    Free Member

I’m considering chopping in my 2.7 tdi 07 A6 for a new D5.The A6 has been ace if not a bit dull to drive. Nice quality and very reliable. I get just under 40mpg from it.

Am I going to be disappointed moving to a Vulva?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Am I going to be disappointed moving to a Vulva?

What are you going to be using this Volvo for?

boblo
    Free Member

Lugging the tandem around and long distance cruising with lots of stuff. Sounds ideal?

RayMazey
    Free Member

You can buy my V70 2.5 petrol auto for £400

2001 150K Taxed till end May MOT till November.

Reason for sale – Surplus to requirements.

Bad points (which have been there since I bought the car 3 years ago, but have never really concerned me) – Slight problem with gearbox and noisy steering pump.

boblo
    Free Member

Thanks Ray but I’m looking for something a bit more recent. I tend to buy an ex demonstrator every five years of so.

RayMazey
    Free Member

No problem. Just thought I would seize the moment 🙂

Chris.H
    Free Member

I’ve just got back from a test in a d5 xc60 as a replacement for a freelander 2. Very impressed with the drive of the car and the spec was pretty good.

I had a quick look in the v70 and was impressed with it. They areal sidling so
    Some good deals on the xc70 as well.

The thing I have noticed is that volvo quote the boot volumes to the bottom of the glass in the window, unlike some who give the volume to the roof.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Dull=cars V70 owners’ is closed to new replies.