Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • dull question, but where for oxford shirts
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

over lockdown it it appears all my smart casual work wear appears to of *cough* shrunk *cough* including the majority of my shirts.

always used to just get regular fit oxford shirts form next that were surprisingly decent quality (heavier weight 100% cotton), decent range of colours, not covered in logo’s or labels and very reasonably priced at £25-30 a time.

they now appear all be tailored fit (see lockdown comment), not pure cotton, shiny covered in logo’s types things – so where would the shirt retailer du jour be for the hive mind for a nice proper plane oxford short that doesn’t cost a fortune?

BigJohn

Last time I looked in TK Maxx the Lauren ones were £50 but I got a Zara for £6
    M&S seems to have some.

lunge

Charles Thyritt if you want to buy on line.
    H&M are surprisingly good too, fit is a bit square (I’m 6’4″ and skinny so have a buy small, though they’re a tad short)

igm

I stopped buying from Charles T when I discovered what their politics were.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Oxford

dove1

M&S always good for Oxford shirts. They did cut the range down a couple of years ago but it looks like they have more available now.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I stopped buying from Charles T when I discovered what their politics were.

What are they – i’ve put some money their way over the years…

swdan
    Free Member

Quick Google suggests he voted for Brexit.

alwillis

Damn, my whole work wardrobe is CT shirts! As a millennial remainer I will need to find a new retailer…

(Not as sarcastic as that sounded when I read it back, would rather support other businesses)

failedengineer

Gap?

merk
    Free Member

TM Lewin also worth a look.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

thanks for the replies. M&S have come up trumps and all ordered in post lockdown fatty size

mariner
    Free Member

ebay just bought 3 Ben Sherman Oxfords for £27 plus postage.
    Very few plain colours mainly checks and stripe.

aP
    Free Member

I just go to Uniqlo.
    Or Nigel Cabourn – but they’re a bit different.

frankconway

Your local bespoke tailor.
    Any fabric, style, fit and guaranteed to be logo free; you could have a personalised name tag sewn in.
    Monogrammed cuffs if that’s your preference.
    Likely to be a tad more than you paid previously.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Farah ones tend to fit me.If your in the North try TJ Hughes or Boyes.

igm

failedengineer

Gap?

Gap is effectively becoming Next in the UK.  See Charles T comment.

mattyfez

I’ve found the quality of M&S cheap office shirts to be pretty poor the last time I bought some (the twin packs that come with ties).

CountZero

Uniqlo. Not that I’ve ever bought any, as I have no need of them, but going by the quality of everything else I’ve bought from them, they should be perfectly adequate.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘dull question, but where for oxford shirts’ is closed to new replies.