Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dull question about new drivers insurance/keepers
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Just about to get a car for my daughter who is learning to drive at the mo

Does it make sense to make her the registered keeper or me? or does it make no difference?

She will be down as main driver on insurance regardless with me as a named driver

mashr

Makes no difference, other than having to change your answer at the “are you the registered owner and keeper of the vehicle” part (they won’t care about a father-daughter ownership situation)

andrewh
    Free Member

I would probably put the main driver as the registered keeper, probably won’t make any difference but its just less thing they can potentially get funny about.

tthew

My daughters first insurance policy, one of the terms and conditions was that the policy holder had to be the registered keeper of the car, so it CAN make a difference, that was Coop insurance.

My missis was thrilled when we had to get the family car re-registered. 🤣 It’s back in the missis’ name now, so it has 2 additional owners.🙄

MoreCashThanDash

“Sons” car is registered to me, insured in his name to earn the NCD, though I’m also the main driver as he’s at uni and I tend to use it 2-3 times a week.

fossy

Recently bought an Aygo to keep son mobile whilst he fixed his car and for daughter to learn in. Registered in my name with insurance all named drivers. Son bumped policy up as he has 4 points. Daughter made no difference as a provisional.

MoreCashThanDash

Daughter made no difference as a provisional.

Yes, cheap when they are learners. Wait till they’ve passed and are driving solo…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dull question about new drivers insurance/keepers’ is closed to new replies.