Dudes of Hazzard Enduro 2013- where's the info

Home Forum Bike Forum Dudes of Hazzard Enduro 2013- where's the info

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Dudes of Hazzard Enduro 2013- where's the info
  • Premier Icon MadBillMcMad
    Subscriber

I found this on nofussevents but there is just an entry form & list of entrants & the date of Nov 17.

There is a f/b page but again no info apart from saying entry closes soon.

& lastly, is it suitable for mere mortals or so you have to be a down hill loon to survive ?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Last year’s was pretty tough- the trails were very jaggy and pretty committing in place, mix of deadly rocks and gooey peaty mud, among the hardest enduro events I’ve done… Saw tons of flats, some broken bikes and broken men 😉 Trashed my own wheel and mech. Practice in a snowstorm. But it’s not downhill mental, different sort of hard. One of the best mtb events I’ve done, proper riding that you feel pretty satisfied just to have done. Climb was no picnic either.

OTOH, no guarantee this years’ll be the same. But if it is, it’ll be hard, but awesome, and totally worth it. I did about £300 worth of damage to my bike, destroyed my shoes, froze my baws off, crashed a couple of times, came in about 150th… And all still superb.

Premier Icon euain
    Subscriber

With a username like that, you’ll be fine 😉

Just echo what Northwind said (pretty much all of the post applies to me, except I think I came about 180th and it was just a wheel, mech was fine). Great event!

If you’ve just done Tour de Nevis, you’ll be glad to hear you get to do the same Mamore climb twice each day to get to the stages (well you did last year, may well be different this time).

Premier Icon MadBillMcMad
    Subscriber

sadly my name bears no resemblance to my riding ability or style.

sounds like I might be a tad out of my depth – we’ll see if I can muster up the courage.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Well… I was a wee bit out of my depth last time I reckon, which is what made it so brilliant. There’s obviously degrees, it’d be no fun if you were just drowning but it was the sort of event where surviving was half the fun 😉

Premier Icon euain
    Subscriber

If it’s any use for a comparison – I am a comfortable red route rider (Laggan, Golspie, Kirroughtree etc). I venture on black occasionally and generally ride most of it – coming off for the larger rocky bits where my bravery runs out. I’ve psyched myself up and done Ayers Rock in the past etc.

I managed Enduro Now last year without being the slowest there (well, I got to the bottom before the marshals were packing up) and had a complete blast at the same time. There were one or two bits I walked and a lot that I survived rather than blasted down – but it was my first enduro and I’m planning to do as many more as I can. 🙂

Subscriber

that sounds like me too – reassuring.

Just need to persuade some mates now

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Whereabouts are you? If you’re reasonably close to kinlochleven I could send you details of the old routes to try, phenomenal riding around there…

Also, in October there’s the Fair City Enduro which looks to be cracking- different organisers, it’s the chap who did Muckmedden which was an ace day out. I think possibly the riding will be a bit less intense for that one.

(failing that, on the basis that what you can’t see can’t scare you, there’s an innerleithen night enduro coming in November 🙂 )

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

I’ve entered an was afraid I might be out of my depth with it being more DH orientated but euain has made me feel a little better 😀

Subscriber

Northwind,

I am a Lancashire lad (well Yorkshire actually, but I’ve emmigrated) so I will not be popping up until the day but please do send me some routes – email in profile.

philbert31

Northwind, where do you find out about all the enduros, I’m keen on doing a few more but never seem to find any??

Premier Icon justinbieber
    Subscriber

Swavis, you’ll be fine. It’s Bear I’m worried about 😀

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

Has he entered? 😯

Premier Icon justinbieber
    Subscriber

Not yet. I think he’s planning on it though 😯

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

philbert31 – Member

Northwind, where do you find out about all the enduros, I’m keen on doing a few more but never seem to find any??

I just pay attention 😉 Worth getting on the No Fuss and Innerleithen MTB Racing mailing lists/facebooks, that’s where most of them come from. Innerleithen MTB in particular, they’re pretty much the daddies of uk enduro.

(or mummies, sorry Hels)

Premier Icon euain
    Subscriber

I don’t see any posts since the event – what did everyone think?

I had a great time – managed to beat my times from last year on the stages that were the same and didn’t die. I even managed to improve my place (a bit) so that I can almost claim to be mid-pack.

It was awesome fun – just a crazy thing to do on a cold November weekend! I’m still grinning.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Had a brilliant weekend and a terrible race. Which is exactly what I said last year! Must admit I just spat the dummy in stage 3, I think I wasn’t actually doing that badly but I felt like a total knobber and just stopped trying very hard. Wee bit disappointed about that, not very me. Pushed stuff I shouldn’t have, ah well.

Broke my back brake in a silly wee crash in stage 1 so a lot of the final section became a run/slither/crash/fall, which was funny but not really what I was there for! So, ended up down in the 200s, and entirely deserved 😆

But, bad racing doesn’t mean bad riding, still loved most of race day and all of practice, stage 2 underwater was just amazing, loved every second of that, brilliant on raceday too if not quite so mad. And a great atmosphere all the way through.

Some day I want to do a race up there and not **** it up 😆 But in the meantime I reckon I’ll just have a blast while ****ing it up

Premier Icon swavis
    Subscriber

Much the same as Northwind, I walked bits I know I should’ve ridden and was shown how below average I really am but I had an absoulte hoot!! 😀
    Probably the best event I’ve done on a bike! Met some great people and hurt my sides laughing, especially at the slow-mo bog sprint at the end of stage 2, still smiling about it now 😆
    My dad was there taking pics and got a few good ones but he’s not got back to me yet. (orange Cotic dude, email me your race no. and I’ll see if he’s got pics of you 😉 e-mail in profile)

I will definitely be going back next year!!

I totally agree a superb event, never going to place highly on the hardtail but worth it just for the banter! Slightly disappointed the hardtail category never happened in the end though, despite being told on three occasions it would! might have to save up and build up a cotic rocket for next year 😉
    Anyone planning on doing the Scottish enduro series next year that no fuss are involved in, guess it could be a little more serious and less banter or a worthwhile venture?
    Oh and swarvis I was the guy on the orange cotic, I shall email you tomorrow when I get chance… cheers.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’ll be doing as much of the series as I can, it’ll be as serious or as not serious as you want it to be I reckon… I’ve got to return to my rightful place of exactly in the middle, so no banter no barter no quarter 😉

Night/Day race coming up at innerleithen at the end of the month btw and I hear there really will be a hardtail cat there. Which it looks like i’ll be in, since I’ve not even washed the mud off the big bike yet.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Oh aye, dates are out for the series in case anyone missed them:

22rd of February, 29th/30th March, 22nd June (Fort William round, clashes with Afan UKGE incidentally), 12th/13th July, 18th/19th October and the 8th November.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Dudes of Hazzard Enduro 2013- where's the info’ is closed to new replies.