Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Duck addiction……
  • RustySpanner

Cotton, obviously. I’m not quackers.

Popped down the road to Carradice today to pick up a Super C messenger bag.

I needed something to cart uni stuff about and although there are probably better alternatives out there I just couldn’t help myself. 🙂

Been using their products for 38 years and can’t really fault them. The Carradura seatpacks are the best I’ve ever used, pretty much indestructible and a mate has just toured Japan with the battered Super C panniers he failed to return to me 20 odd years ago.

Absolutely love the place, it’s like a trip back in time. Lovely old building, great products and great service.

Thanks to Andrea, who made my bag. It’s ace.

I’d have picked up a Super C rack bag as well, but they’re out of stock ’till next week.

Yes, Ortlieb stuff is excellent, but when my Back Rollers finally give up the ghost, I’m back on the Super C’s.

Still looking for an excuse to buy an SQR Slim seatpost bag – but I’ve an Arkose in mind and I think they’ll suit each other perfectly.

Anyone else suffer from the same problem?

keithb

I’ve got a Nelson longflap that was intended for some light weight touring.  Ended up used as a commuter bag for about 7 years! Still looks barely used.

I just much prefer the weight distribution, as it has much less of an impact than panniers, and just looks nice!

The only problem with them is.that they are a bit floppy, so can drag on the tyre if not packed perfectly. I have some ideas for internal stiffeners or frames, but have never got round to trying them out.

They’re just awesome.

StirlingCrispin

I’ve got a Camper Longflap that’s been used just about every day for over 20 years.

One of the pockets is starting to show wear. Who do I complain to?

Brilliant kit,

RustySpanner

I do like the traditional saddlebags and have have a couple, Nelson Longflap and the Barley, both nicked along with the bikes they were attached to back when I used to live in Manchester.

Not had to use the steadying brackets, they seem to rest nicely on a rear rack on smaller bikes with a shorter gap between saddle and rear wheel.

Their UPSO range is really interesting:

https://upsobags.co.uk

Had a good fettle of some of the range today – all recycled from lorry tarps with seatbelt material for the straps.

Costs a bit more to make because the material is harder to work with, according to the boss. However, they seem to be even tougher than the regular cotton duck stuff and the belts and fastenings are ridiculously heavy duty. I could see these lasting for generations, tbh.  It’s selling well, apparently and appeals to a younger demographic.

Had a fettle of some of the ‘posh’ newer stuff too. The Kelbrook satchel is a genuine thing of beauty. Lined, padded laptop sleeve, proper leather straps. Looks amazing in the flesh but no chest strap, so possibly a luxury off bike treat.

There are worse addictions I suppose. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Duck addiction……’ is closed to new replies.