Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Ducati Panigale V4
  • scotroutes

RustySpanner

🙂

scotroutes

I mean – look at them. So small and yet so perfectly formed..

(Like me)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

At least you actually bought one.

The closest I got was begging Steve Wynne for a job in a Cheshire beer garden.

I do have a mate with money worries and an immaculate yellow 749 in his conservatory.

If only I hadn’t lost my nerve….
    🙂

scotroutes

Can I post this again?

RustySpanner

Brilliant photo, one of the first things I remember seeing after signing up for this place.
    Really captures an era.
    😀

pondo

Let’s see if I can post my first picture… 🙂

Edit – that’s a no, then. 🙁

benp1

Some old bikes look cool,but unfortunately most just look dated, crap and fat now!

My blade is nearly ten years old but I still reckon it looks lovely,if a little snub nosed

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice pics, good to see how designs and tastes have changed over the years. Whilst the new Duke looks too much racerboy for my liking I have to say it does look way more refined than the pics of Somas.. sorry.. but the old Dukes look really clunky and slightly awkward today.

But, google had my mind wondering and I found out that Fantic still make bikes (like, I remember them from the days of the old trials stuff) and this new Caballero looks blooming lovely.

weeksy

Fantics look ace, right up until you realise they’re a Chinese copy of 10 year old parts mostly. With little support/backup etc. I’d rather have a bad Japanese/Austrian dirt bike that’s 5 years old than a new Fantic.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Really? Are they that bad?

I’m rather sad now.

weeksy

bikebouy – Member
    Really? Are they that bad?

I’m rather sad now.

Reviews and reliability/components etc seem ‘mixed’

They’re like the SWM Supermoto which is based upon an older model Husqvarna. They’re both pretty, but i’m not sure i’d want one myself.

They’re Carb’d not FI which depends on how you think of it, may be good or may be bad… But clearly considering FI came in in about 2000 roughly, it shows that Carbs are fairly old tech.
    They’re using their own home made suspension unit, whereas things like KTM are using the WP units.
    The 250 Enduro is only 28bhp, whereas the KTM is a good 40+bhp instead.

It’s a tricky one… but me, i’m not sold.

colp

Looks cool, a bit Daryl from Walking Dead.

I’m just tidying up a 2007 Gas Gas EC 300 enduro bike for my lad, the power is going to be an eye opener for him!

techsmechs
    Free Member

I could never be described as Ducati fan, but was fortunate enough to go to EICMA this year and this V4 is a work of art. It appears smaller than the outgoing model, its about the size of an RS250. Even the MotoGP bike looks big in comparison!

It makes the RSV4 look dumpy and overweight and the jap stuff floundering.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Huh WTF happened to the picture in my original post it’s disappeared!? Modded as a matter of taste maybe 😆

Rotary vs two stroke racing could be an interesting niche!

Under power they have a satisfying mechanical fury to them, sound like a strimmer idling though.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P_JkddDw90[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLVeGSkbopc[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiiiiice.. muchly preferly thisly..

legalalien
    Free Member

I am trying to talk my wife financial controller into letting me get one of these:

RustySpanner

Pretty bikes.
    🙂

I like these too, so 70’s you can smell the Brut….

Now where’s me Lionels?

Vortexracing

I love those scramblers, especially when fettled. 😀

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Meh,it’s all subjective but imho these were the best looking Duke’s

As a two stroke fan I’d prefer one of these to a Panigale
    Suter V4

Here it is on the exit of Quarter Bridge with Ian Lougher on board at the 2016 TT.

RustySpanner

Ugliest Duke?

I’m going for the only bike in the world to make a CX500 Custom look desirable….

Mind you, the last 1000SS were gopping too.

scotroutes

I’ve only recently come around to the notion that I’d ride a Multistrada without wanting to wear a disguise.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Moar prettier…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Here’s another of those lovely Verlicchi framed Duke’s

RustySpanner

Oof.
    🙂

Sadly, not seen one of these in real life…

bikebouy
    Free Member

So educate me here..

Those numberplate/light oil rigs that hang off the back… why do manufacturers sell bikes with them on and then sell another kit that replaces it and shuvs the number plate/light thing under the seat?
    Why not just do that in the first place…

scotroutes

There are legal restrictions on light and number plate placement, so all new bikes are sold with them in the right place.

Aftermarket kits are available for “show” bikes 😉

bakey

I’m riding a lovely Hyperstrada at the mo.

Almost perfect except for the on/off clutch…which is spoiling the experience somewhat.

I love big twins, but not as much as two strokes…

johnnystorm

Because the law says the bike has to be sold with all that stuff off the back. Same as your mountain bike needed reflectors and bell at point of sale.

pondo

I don’t put mine on! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rare that you see bikes with the oil rig thingy still on once it’s out of the showroom 😆

Just seems a waste..

zippykona

This was rather tasty in the early 80s.Made a bloody racket though. It was so noisy the lady who lived opposite set fire to the workshops!

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Ducati Panigale V4’ is closed to new replies.