Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dubrovnik
  • notsospeedydaz
    Free Member

Its happened I’m getting old warners break at easter then a cruise later in the year (saga next year?)

After cruise around Greece we are having a week on dry land in Dubrovnik any must do’s or must don’ts? Im quite a Game of Thrones fan so will be doing that bit.

cheers_drive

Walk round the top of the wall.
    The fort overlooking the town is a interesting museum about the war, brings home how recent it really was. Good views too. One of the coats to the islands is worth it. Food was generally great, especially the non tourist stuff
    Assume that you’ll be eating on ship but if you want a change there is a great Japanese the other side of the Cruise ship moorings https://www.facebook.com/pg/ShizukuDubrovnik/photos/?ref=page_internal

BigJohn

Two days is about right.  There’s an island with a bit of a beach you can get a ferry to for one day and there are some steep cobbled streets for the other day.  That’s about it.

alpin
    Free Member

I almost shagged some Croatian girl until I was told that there is a massive aids and hepatitis problem in the country.

Stay safe.

chickenman

Yes, the fort on top of the hill: One room show the suffering residents of the town during the siege; five other rooms showing lads with guns and how much fun the whole thing was! The Croats of course were only ever victims during civil war, the shelling of Mostar etc…fake news presumably?
    With all sides in the war seeing themselves as victims you really worry things could kick off again. Found the museum really disturbing tbh.

Northwind

He’s past his best tbh but he could still pull off a couple more majors.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

7 days is along time for Dubrovnik , I’ve been 3 times in the past 10-11 years and it gets busier and busier,

id recommended a day trip to Mostar in Bosnia Herzegovina, kotor to the south in Montenegro is a lovely town as well .

with 7 days I’d personally spend a few days on an island kotor, hvar or Bol , I usually fly in/out of split or Dubrovnik, hire cars are cheap or coaches are £10-12 split to Dubrovnik or get the ferry crillojet on jandrolinijia

wiganer
    Free Member

It’s a beautiful city, in fact up there with the nicest places I’ve been. The food is excellent, as is the wine. If you like seafood there’s a local dish called Buzzara or something like that which is ace.  It is busy since that Game of Whatever telly programme (I’ve never seen a single second of it). I’ve spent a week there and not got bored, but I like eating and drinking and pottering about. Wander the city, then get on a boat and explore to break it up a bit.  I’ve had a beer otherwise I might be able to tell you more but my brains a bit fuzzy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dubrovnik’ is closed to new replies.