- Dublin – things to do over 3 nights
I’ll throw a few out there…
Merion Square on a Sunday to see the street art sellers
City Bus Tour
If you’ve got transport head to Glendalough maybe…
I’m sure other folk will come along with suggestions soon enough…Posted 4 years agosingletrackmindMember
Guiness Brewery tour .Posted 4 years ago
The old brewey has been converted into a visitor center and it really is quite good. You get a free pint with your entry fee , but are under no obligation to drink it.
+1 on the open top bus tour, it stops at the brewery rather convienently tootrevron73Member
Go to Baan Thai in Ballsbridge opposite the national stadium. Its like Royal Thai cuisine, best my Thai wife has had in Europe she says ,go to bull island and Dollymount beach if its hot and the guiness tour -woth it even if you dont like guiness. Oh and its very expensive on grafton st area for everything be warned .Posted 4 years agomjdccMember
1) if it is a nice day, take a drive to the top of the Dublin Mountains, go for a lovely walk at three-rock (near where the Mtb track is) and then maybe drive down to Wicklow (Eniskerry, Glendalough etc).
2) take the DART along the coast – either south to Dun Laoghaire or north to Howth and go for a walk by the sea;
3) take a walk around the city centre – lots of lovely Georgian squares if you like that kind of thing
4) check out the lunch specials – most of the good restaurants have started doing 3 course specials for aound 20-25 euro – great value given that a pub meal will cost you 10-15 and is generally pants.
5) Museums and galleries not up to much – but if you are into quirky go to the Natural History Museum – literally unchanged in almost 200 years – a sort of window into the early Victorian Naturalist’s mind.
I hope you enjoy my adopted city!Posted 4 years agoDolceredMember
The sightseeing Bus tour was very good, they offered a free nighttime tour when we went.
Kilmainham gaol was really good, tour bus stop right outside it. The guinness and the jamison tours were both good, i preferred the jamison tour as you got an actual person to guide you round, The guinness end product was better to sample! Nice views from the bar at the top.
Theres a wee museum inside the GPO only 2euros entry, if you want a bit of history.Posted 4 years ago
The topic ‘Dublin – things to do over 3 nights’ is closed to new replies.