Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dubai skyscraper
  • bruneep

Wow 😯

Dubai skyscraper

Offroading
    Free Member

Crist they did that quick – last i saw it it was just a bit hole in the ground.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dubai is getting that super rich cringey way, like california for the arabs.

sc-xc

For the untrained eye, it looks like a great big building in the middle of a bland shithole populated by arseholes.

Offroading
    Free Member

Paris is bad for that too….

Taff
    Free Member

Think my mate was involved in that one

bruneep

Oops

Hmm where the pics go?pics here

tails
    Free Member

Whilst it is amazing what there doing over there. The buildings are being designed and built so fast, I worry the city won’t have the same special qualities places like NY and London have. It may just be one big city all designed and built in 15 years rather than a eclectic mix. Hope I’m wrong though.

tails
    Free Member

oops indeed 😕

Trimix
    Free Member

Quite easy to hit with a plane then.

bruneep

would with this one..
    1.55 mile high

sc-xc

[throw]

[/throw]

nukeproof
    Free Member

Amazing building but I kind of get a ‘Last days of Rome’ feeling about Dubai

Smee
    Free Member

sx-xc – i couldn’t have put it any better myself.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

(Falls off chair, at the sheer magnitude of the thing, gets back up, fallls off chair again, at the mind-blowing hugeosity of the proposed 1.55 MILE HIGH tower…)

It is like New York and Chicago, all over again. But a wee bit biggerer….

For scale, Canary Wharf’s One Canada Square, currently Britain’s tallest building, is about 240m high.

That’s ONE TENTH of the height of the proposed tower in Dubai.

Actually, I am looking at the tower from my window, and trying to imagine a structure TEN TIMES as high. I can’t.

Coyote
    Free Member

Pointless.

Taff
    Free Member

There’s one in the pipeline that’s basically goign to be a small city in a skyscraper. WIll have hospitals, schools, homes and work places. Craxy stuff really considering people in this country have problems getting planning application for simple extensions etc

lowey

Technically its not that difficult to build that high. The only constraint has been money.

Dubai have been pretty forward thinking really. The oil is about to run out so how can they carry on printing money ? easy… spunk shit loads of cash on tourist features and sit back.

epicyclo

Really great place for investment bankers to have a good long think on their way down 😀

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Yes its not technically difficult to build that high but it is impratical the amount of useable space will be limited due to the vast amount 0f space given over to lifts and services on the ground floors. the only reason to build this high is to show the world that Dubai is the biggest, best richest country. You are in fact looking at a 1.5 mile c0ck

surfer
    Free Member

LOL at Stonemonkey, I agree. I’d hate to be the crane driver!

Hairychested
    Free Member

If my local builders built this one it’d be on the telly very soon 😉

avdave2

I agree with you surfer, imagine sitting down to start a day’s work only to realise you’ve left your sarnies at the bottom.

tomwod
    Free Member

while we’re on it, something to watch

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Careful, you’ll have soeones eye out with that!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

NUT-NUT MENTALISTS!!!!!

Looks fun, though. Why’d that silly bastard go back again? What a numpty…

Mind, I wouldn’t be surprised if a base-jumper gets mistaken for a terrorist one day, and shot.

I can see the appeal of the thrill and that, although I wouldn’t do it myself, I don’t think. But it is very irresponsible; they could possibly have ended up causing injury to someone on the ground. Got to be careful.

Sandwich

The logistics of pumping concrete that high must be “interesting”.

UncleFred
    Free Member

How’d they get the crane off?

Sandwich

Undo the bolts and push? 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

It might be a 1.55 mile long cock, but owning it would still make you smile regardless.

chewkw
    Free Member

Holy … someone should build one higher … LOL! I would call it the ego tower.

johnhoo
    Free Member

Tower of Babel anybody?

thewombles
    Free Member

HOW did they put the crane up on the top of it, and did they use another crane to put that up eh?

the mind boggles i think its all fake

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Whats the point, they aint keen on european/american visitors

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dubai skyscraper’ is closed to new replies.