Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dual ring chain device?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a chain device for a double and bash set up?

I’m running SLX cranks with an E13 bashguard on a Nomad with ISCG 05 mounts on the frame. I’m probably going to be racing a couple of DHs this year and could do with some form of chain retention to avoid losing pedal strokes.

Anyone got any ideas? Would prefer not to spend a fortune.

Cheers

bruneep

E13 DRS :fit and forget:

mark_b
    Free Member

I’m running just the arm and roller from an MRP LRP with a dual and bash chainset.

Blackspire Beaver is very similar and i know a couple of people running them.

Fraction of the cost of a DRS but (almost) equitable performance.

Vortexracing

2nd the E13 DRS

well worth the extra 1/5 lb or so in weight.

excellent bit of kit. So much so 3 of my buddies now have em.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Using a Blackspire Stinger, £12, works perfectly

matthew_h
    Free Member

Vortex racing, is that half pound including the bashring? Could you provide a closer up pic of the DRS fitted? Cheers

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Blackspire Stinger is pretty good for not much dosh.

E13 DRS *is* better (chain can’t drop onto the BB shell, and you have to really clout the dangly bit to bend it), but is a LOT more expensive.

jedi

drs here. awesome kit

Vortexracing

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1254/3170785043_a24467be81.jpg[/img]

the 1/2 pound is what the DRS itself weighs. I think the whole lot including bash = 1lb

matthew_h
    Free Member

That’s fantastic, cheers.

CRC seem to have a listing on a DRS without the bashring which would seem to be the perfect answer and at only £35 fairly reasonable. Unfortunately, none seem to be in stock.

GregB
    Free Member

I know this topic was a week ago, however if you are after a DRS then I’ve got one for sale, complete with 40t white bash ring.

Can sort out pics at the weekend (apologies can’t do it sooner) but could do it for £40 posted if you’re interested? Could probably do with a new roller (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=27273) but other than that works fine.

Let me know on greg_barton AT btinternet.com if you’re interested – although can’t do pics or post it until the weekend.

dertmerchant
    Free Member

cant rememeber what its called but e-13 are doing a more afforable 2-ring device now for about £40

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dual ring chain device?’ is closed to new replies.