Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dual position revs
  • chip
    Free Member

I was after getting a pair untill reading the below review really put me off.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-rlt-dual-position-air-12-46097/

Anyone any experience of the above forks,
    All thoughts appreciated.

yoshimi

Been running mind for 18 months and they’ve been faultless; love the DP, works very similar to an old marzocchi mx comp eta

Really can’t fault them

robhughes
    Free Member

Iv’e got the Blackbox RTL Ti D/P’s and they too have been faultless.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

had some 2011 ones, QR, solo air… they were excellent, so plush and just generally lovely… & faultless too

would have kept them, but a change of frame meant i needed more travel.

robhughes
    Free Member

chip means the dual position ones Rob..

robgclarkson
    Free Member

yes… mine were dual position ones… 120-150 ones…

i needed 160 though, so sold them and got some fox talas instead

damascus
    Free Member

Running 29er revelations for about a year. I use the dp all the time and now wouldn’t buy a fork without it. Mine are the solo air which I prefer over the double air reba’s I had before. They also have the lockout/trail/full lever that I never use.

Great fork, highly recommended.

I serviced them a few months ago and they were very clean. No crap has got inside but I’ve been running a marsh guard which might have helped.

Only issue I had was when I first got them. Turned the bike upside down to hellitape. Spent about an hour doing it. Went out on a ride and they wouldn’t work. Had a air lock or something. Sent them back and got the internals replaced (or so they said) never had an issue since, touch wood

tomaso
    Free Member

I had DP RCT3 Revs and they were great. Really simple and easy to use. Took plenty of abuse and were faultless.The damping is very good and easy to alter on the fly with the 3 position dial which I interpreted as downhill, along/up and big road climb.

I only sold them because I bagged some Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti

Dickyboy

I had some dual position ones, travel just didn’t seem as sweet & smooth as my old dual airs, so when some new old stock dual air ones came up I got shot of the dp ones – but didn’t actually have any faults with them & the travel adjust feature whilst useful usually got forgotten about 😳

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve been running a set of 20mm bolt through DP Airs for a while now and they have been faultless.
    I mainly run them at 150.
    Took a bit of setting up initially, but not touched them since

mrblobby
    Free Member

Iv’e got the Blackbox RTL Ti D/P’s and they too have been faultless.

Same here, two years in and they are still great.

yoshimi

Tom – I always think of them as

fully open = just riding along / open wide fast downhill
    mid = lumpy technical downhill (Dollywagon/Nan Bield etc)
    Close = road/fireroad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dual position revs’ is closed to new replies.