Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DTSwiss Dropper Post
  • whitestone
    Free Member

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/products/suspension/dropper-post/d-232-one/

A good idea to have it “upside down” – less chance of muck running down and getting into the seals; not susceptible to excess seat clamp pressure since that’s now on the inner rather than the outer; no problem with fitting a seat pack and scratching the inner. But $566!

Kahurangi

Doesn’t drop the saddle down as far to the frame, late to the party and too expensive.

Super light (<400g is light, no?) though so ok for SC racing, bikepacking and maybe a bot of cross.

whitestone
    Free Member

The Reverb weighs around 680g so this is quite a bit lighter. I think it’s aimed at CX, gravel and maybe XC racing (I assume that’s what you meant by “SC”) so a full on slam to the seat clamp might not have been in the brief.

Over twice as expensive as the Reverb. Like you say, late to the party.

steve_b77
    Free Member

It’s designed purely for XC racing, so to be fair 60mm is about right,just like 100mm forks and 2.25″ tyres are too.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Over twice as expensive as the Reverb. Like you say, late to the party.

Wow, 4 times the price of a reliable and light dropper? (joke)

Trimix
    Free Member

Well, given that my Reverbs seem to last about 2 years, if this one lasted say 8 years it could be a possible alternative.

Northwind

Sort of the equivalent of the KS carbon XC thing that they released years ago and absolutely nobody bought.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DTSwiss Dropper Post’ is closed to new replies.