Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DTL Direct-Trader – Investment system
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Anyone heard of these guys? Getting quite a hard sell from them to buy their software with promise of great returns – 12% per month! Just wondering if anyone else has heard from them or know of someone who uses them. System costs £8,800 so quite a lump.

http://directtrader.net/

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Is it being sold to you by the representatives of an east African prince?

dannybgoode

I’ll sell you a system for £8k which will give you a definite, guaranteed return of 15-20% sometimes.

Paypal Gift only to…

Cheers

Danny B

allthepies
    Free Member

Ask them if they’ll guarantee the 12% and pay you the difference on any shortfall 😉

peterfile
    Free Member

Anyone heard of these guys? Getting quite a hard sell from them to buy their software with promise of great returns – 12% per month! Just wondering if anyone else has heard from them or know of someone who uses them. System costs £8,800 so quite a lump.

If you had developed a system which made 12% per month would you sell it to Joe Public?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

these people exist only because there’s one born every minute

mudshark
    Free Member

That link’s interesting thanks – btw was never tempted but curious about experiences as couldn’t find much on the web.

I’ve had quite a few calls with a salesman, he says they’ll refund me if I don’t cover my costs in a year. My fundamental point is that as someone who’s been investing in Unit Trusts for years I have never seen any fund manager getting returns of this sort of size. The system apparently work by finding undervalued stocks that will make gains in the short-term so it’s a bit like day trading but more like week trading.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Seriously, if you want to throw away your money, throw it in my direction. 12% a month is absolute pie in the sky. Do you really think if there was any way of turning £10k into a million in just over 3 years by investment growth alone, they’d have to cold call you to sell it?

Hobster
    Free Member

Would you give 8 grand to a website with no contact address on it?

From having a quick search it appears to be a trend following trading system that screens stocks and gives you entry signals (and I’d imagine targets and stops).

Is the hypothetical 12% return theoretical or including slippage and commissions?

mudshark
    Free Member

As I say, was never tempted but did wonder if it’s been on Watchdog or something – kinda curious as not much on the web. I’m sticking with my Unit Trusts – getting double the return of FTSE which is fine by me.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Boiler room scams have surely been on Watchdog lots of times

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That was going to be my question did you call them or did they call you.
    Sounds like some type of scam, there are no guaranteed returns and the small print will see that refund evaporate in about 15 mins… or we could all be mugs and be missing out on this wonderful scheme.

mudshark
    Free Member

Boiler room scams have surely been on Watchdog lots of times

Probably but they’re not quite the same thing; it is of course possible to buy legitimate share analysis software.

br
    Free Member

As I say, was never tempted

But tempted enough to start a post on the subject… 🙄

mudshark
    Free Member

Why does that mean I was tempted? I was interested to hear if this was something known about by others. I post about financial things from time to time as it’s something I know a bit about but this was new to me.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DTL Direct-Trader – Investment system’ is closed to new replies.