Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DT Swiss XMM or RockShox Revelation RCT3
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Look’s like I’m going to be build up a TransAM soon, but stuck on the decision choice for forks.

I don’t want a set of Fox’s. As pretty as they are, the service intervals are rather low IIRC. I’ve been weighing up DT Swiss XMMs (if I can get hold of a 27.5 set) and Revelation RCT3‘s. I did tai a look at the BOS site, but given there forks seem to be going for about £800, they’re out of budget.

Has anyone ridden either one of the new Revelations, or an XMM? Which did you prefer, and why? Also, does anyone have an idea what the service intervals are like on the XMM, I can’t find it on the DT Swiss site?

haggis1978

Pretty sure the service interval is every 2 years. Asked this question before and a few people commented and really rated their DT swiss forks.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pikes

danielgroves
    Free Member

Pikes

Don’t come in 140mm for 650B, and are also £200 for presumably the same ride but more travel

jonnyrockymountain

Don’t know about 650b availability but dt before rockshox, not that rockshox are crap cos there not but dt way above anything else, so smooth are 10/10 for quality of build/craftsmanship

mlbasiliere
    Free Member

Having owned both, my vote’s for the Revelation. The ’14 forks are brilliant and don’t require a load of expensive tools to service. As an added encouragement, they even throw in your first set of replacement seals. The Rev is more easily tuned as well- at 10st went to 2.5wt oil for lighter compression damping and to make the rebound adjuster more useful. Overall, it’s hard to fault the Revelation’s performance while the XMMs were inconsistent on small, fast bumps (washboard at speed, for example).

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Pikes

Don’t come in 140mm for 650B, and are also £200 for presumably the same ride but more travel[/quote]

No, completely different damper to the rest of the Rockshox range, and pretty much every magazine/website review says they’re the best forks the reviewer has ever ridden.

kinger

Am also looking for best options for a 140mm 27.5 fork and have read that a new Pike can be converted to 140mm on the SCruz forums on mtbr.
    However think I may well go for the Revelation though as seem the best combo of performance/weight/stiffness certainly compared to Fox 32 or 34s – had also considered X Fusions although not looked at DT to be honest

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Revs are a good price and I’ve got 140mm 29er versions on my full suss bike. Can’t really compare to the DT Swiss forks as I’ve never ridden them, but the revs work fine. I’ve ridden my mates Fox floats 36’s and they were marginally better than the revs, though I’m sure they’d be much better on more knarly faster DH stuff, but a lot pricier. However, for general trail stuff not massively better than the revs considering the price gulf, so I think the revs are good value for money and should be a good fork for the TransAm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss XMM or RockShox Revelation RCT3’ is closed to new replies.