Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DT Swiss Twin Shot II question
  • DiscJockey
    Free Member

When a TS2 fork is in ‘climb’ mode, i.e. lowered by 30%, can you only set it back to full travel by moving the selector back to ‘normal’, or does it have a ‘blowoff’ valve like on Launch Control ?

The reason I ask is that as much as I like the Launch Control damper on my EMXs, I never quite get the ‘blowoff’ threshold right, and find the forks go back up to full travel if I hit a bump while climbing. Hence I’d prefer it if the only way to switch between climb and normal modes was something I manually controlled.

chestrockwell

From memory I think it says down until you turn the dial back. I think leaving mine down, forgetting and then blasting down a rough decent was what stuffed the damper. It still worked but topped out badly. All fixed under warranty though and apart from that they were ace. Mine are still performing faultlessly on a pals bike with little or no maintenance.

mcnik
    Free Member

Yeh, Twin Shot don’t blowoff.

I love the forks and especially that system. Four options: full travel / drop with extra damping / drop with full lock / full height with full lock… it is really versatile and I find them all useful. Disappointed they have discarded it for the new forks.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s what I was hoping.

mcnik – that’s why I want to get some XMMs before they’re all gone !

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Sorry, got another question about Twin Shot forks.

Can you confirm that there’s only one type of remote lever, and that this can select/deselect Climb mode ?

chestrockwell

Didn’t have a remote lever on mine but seem to remember one being available. You have to go past climb to get to lockout so I assume any remote lever would work for all positions?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Cheers Chestrockwell,

I’ve done a bit of digging around on the ‘legacy’ part of DT Swiss’ website and found a Tech Guide for Twin Shot. It states:

“There are different DT Swiss remote levers available: The lightweight lever and the two-in-one lever.
    The lightweight lever can only operate a single DT Swiss fork, while the two-in-one lever can operate a DT Swiss fork and a DT Swiss Shock at the same time. Both levers are available as single stage and double stage versions. For a Twin Shot fork the double stage lever must be used.”

So it’s the double-stage lightweight Twin Shot remote kits I’d need. That’s not going to be easy to find 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss Twin Shot II question’ is closed to new replies.