Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dt Swiss revolution spokes and disk brakes, good or bad idea?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Will I die going down BIG hills and braking hard into corners?

njee20
    Free Member

The first year Spesh did a burly Enduro – 150mm travel, Fox 36s etc, 2005 IIRC, they specced Revolutions on it.

I’ve used them for years with no ill effects. Plenty of people using CX-Rays and Aerolites, which are just flat Revolutions.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Work fine on my front wheel.

jules.b
    Free Member

Broken two in five years, riding like a nutter, on 24 spoke wheels. I didn’t die. Jules

Northwind

I’ve got Revs in one wheelset, it’s a low spoke count wheel with light rims so it’s pretty flexy but it’s stayed happy and true. I was dubious tbh but I’ve been impressed.

aracer
    Free Member

Another set of wheels with Revs and discs here – nice bog standard 32 spokers and they work fine. Though to be fair I only ride down little hills and mince into corners.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Get D-lights.Not much heavier,loads cheaper and a build lot stiffer.

tang
    Free Member

Revs on crest, been fine for 2 years on the 29r ht.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Slightly depends on your hub & rim too. The SO has a set of Stans Olympics/Revs/DT 240s, and to me, they’re terrifyingly flexy – I really can feel the wheel twist as I corner and I’m only 10stone. It’s not helped by a very light rim, and a hub with low flanges and poor flange spacing (the disc side flange is a long way inboard, so the spoke tension between L & R side is very uneven, and the bracing angle is poor).

I’ve got several wheels with DT Supercomps in and they’ve been bombproof, and split the difference weight wise quite nicely. Sapim D-lights are the same idea but cheaper, so I’d use them in future, personally.

SOAP
    Free Member

They have been built on CK hubs and flow ex rims by a very credible wheel builder.
    I had no input on spoke choice other than double butted. Maybe I should of looked into it a bit more or maybe that’s all they had in the shop.
    Not been out on them yet so cannot pass judgement yet.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

That should be fine – stiff rim, and large flange hubs, although one has to question the point of using very light, very expensive spokes to join a not very light hub to a not very light rim

Rorschach
    Free Member

/\ wot he said x100.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss revolution spokes and disk brakes, good or bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.