Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • DT Swiss F535 one fork users feedback ?
  • Premier Icon hatter

I was running 27.5 x 3″ on my Jam2 and had plenty of room but that was on the 29″ versions.

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

Should be able to run 2.6” on the 29er as 29er tyre

All this kinda info is specifically stated on their site.

In so much detail too which is probably why they cost shed loads !

Premier Icon mmannerr

Still waiting for my fork, it has done European tour UK-BE-DK-SE-FI and might here today.

The remote needs to be fitted on left side topside? Time will tell if it is needed at all.

Premier Icon crazyknowledge
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist the bargain, brought some 160 29er forks to Mullet my Whyte !!!
    Having owned the 27.5 ones in the past for the money there is no point at looking at any other fork if they have the right travel for you.

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

I have 150mm though was hoping they could be reduced to 130mm

Thank **** for N+1 in hardcore hts 😁

Premier Icon Mugboo

Every review every read says they are ok till pushed hard, anybody noticed any real world issues?

Premier Icon hatter

If you’re a full-on gnarr dude and composure on repeated big hits at mach 9 are your priority then a 38 or a Zee will probably be a better fork in fairness.

For the kind of riding that the vast, vast majority of us do, the F535 is bang on, supple and comfy for long rides but doesn’t dive in the steeps, easy to set up, low maintenence etc.

Issue is that some jornos only seem to want to test forks by shuttling DH runs.

Premier Icon wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone noticed the last 5mm returning slower than the main travel?
    I’m aware it has a mini-spring but should the transition between air and coil not be more seamless?

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

Do you mean last 5mm of travel at top of legs or on initial compression?

if the initial compression of travel then increase negative coil spring rate.

Premier Icon Mugboo

Fair point Hatter. Ordered some, couldn’t resist.

Premier Icon andybrad

must not buy, must not buy

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

Wooooops!

😝

Premier Icon Mugboo

Its interesting reading the reviews, apart from the STW one which is glowing they all give the impression that it feels beautiful and plush until pushed hard but I suspect that as Hatter says that they will feel great in my 50 yr old hands. You can see though why they haven’t sold despite looking high quality, its too easy to choose Pikes instead. I can’t say I’ve ever got my Pikes to feel forgiving enough.

Premier Icon mmannerr

Just finished installing the fork late last night, only ridden 1 meter in the garage, hoping to get some testing done today.
    Previous fork was/is a Fox 36 Fit4 which is excellent when I’m riding like those guys in Youtube videos but in flat terrain they feel bit wooden so let’s see if DT will be opposite of that. I was going to get coil fork or coil conversion to 36 but prices are bit high compared to DT fork price.

Premier Icon Mugboo

That was my choice. Smashpot my well used Pike or for £70 more try this.

A friend fitted one for someone last week and liked it that much he has bought one for himself He test rode properly it last night and loved it.

Premier Icon ash.addy

Just had mine delivered by Wiggle. It look like a terrific piece of kit and at a bargain price. Can’t wait to build up the bike and ride like there’s no tomorrow.

Premier Icon wrecker
    Free Member

Do you mean last 5mm of travel at top of legs or on initial compression?

The last 5mm when the fork is returning.

Premier Icon mmannerr

About 5-6hours of actual riding done and I really like this fork. There are still settings to explore but combination of coil and air springs works nicely – I get sensitivity to remove chatter and yet support for rest of the travel is there.

Premier Icon hatter

The secret seems to be to get the sag-point right so they sit in the correct part of the travel for the position sensitive damper to work as intended.

Set them up too soft and they sit into the mid-stroke which is designed to resist diving so they lose sensitivity and actually end up feeling harsher.

Once you have the sag right then you just tweak the volume spacers and rebound to suit.

The online set-up guide is good place to start https://www.setupguide.dtswiss.com/en/opt-in

Premier Icon Big-Bud

I’ve a spare pair available if anyone’s interested
    Long story short I bought a pr for both me and my riding buddy
    He doesn’t like the extra 20 mm on his new forks over the designed 140mm and they can’t be reduced in travel as easily as we were first advised elsewhere .
    So a pr of 650b 160mm travel is for sale 2 rides only immaculate as expected with everything Inc as when bought new will include receipt
    £260.00 Inc next day delivery
    PM me or reply if interested thankyou .

Premier Icon Paceman

^^Billy Bargain, that is^^

Premier Icon djflexure

Mine arrived – product looks great. Just waiting for a boost front wheel to arrive then I can give them a go. Really like the concept.

Premier Icon johnw1984

Don’t suppose anyone ordered a 130mm 29er boost by mistake and they want to sell it on? 🙂

Premier Icon Paceman

Fitted mine this weekend, 140mm version on my hardtail. Initial signs are good, they’re lovely and plush over roots and trail chatter.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.