• This topic has 80 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • DT Swiss F535 one fork users feedback ?
  • tdog
    Free Member

Hi hoping someone or a few are using these and can shed light?

Can one reduce the travel down to 130mm on these?

tia,

👍

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not travel adjustable really. You need a new spring and damper iirc

tdog
    Free Member

Really!!?

it states on stw that it is reducible in 10mm increments

thered

I like mine in 650b flava, very supple on little bumps, doesn’t lack mid travel support and has ben trouble free.
    Not as stiff as my Lyriks but what is.

nixie

They sell a 130mm version in both 29″ and 650b.

nixie

THe manual also does not mention travel change.

hatter

No, they are not travel adjust.

They have a position sensitive damper which, in order to work properly has to be specific to the travel.

tdog
    Free Member

Damn guys- I ordered the 29er 150mm versions to hopefully reduce to 130mm

arghhhhhhh!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Just saw 20mm out of the stanchions, job jobbed.

tdog
    Free Member

It’ll go on the Norco

my Dvos will go on Banshee

Job JOBBED!

transition1
    Free Member

That’s why Wiggle is doing every length fork to compensate this 😂 ordered mine Friday turned up Monday with standard delivery was impressed with speed of postage went 140mm for the Ripley

tdog
    Free Member

Good effort! 👍

tdog
    Free Member

They ran out of 29er 130mms though &

@transition1

transition1
    Free Member

@tdog I figured was the case they have been selling fast, well 29er versions

tdog
    Free Member

Hey man, no worries!

they’ll go onto my really hardcore steely ht

dumbbot
    Free Member

Crazy price for them at wiggle just now, I dont even need new forks and im tempted. lol

crazyknowledge
    Free Member

Had a set last year for approx 6 months, really like them, shame I cant get a set in 170/180mm travel. Build quality deffo one the the very best, simple to set up and super plush, come with mudguard and service kit.

tdog
    Free Member

Cheers for info CrazyKnowledge 👍

tdog
    Free Member

Unreal- mine turned up

looking mighty fine too

tdog
    Free Member

Cannot believe these were £260 cheaper than my DVO Sapphires !!!!!!!!

tdog
    Free Member

Holy cheezus! These are THE DAGS…

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Only 2rides in on mine but love them.replaced a creaky pr of rs forks .
    Couldn’t ignore the wiggle deal .
    Super supple ott and most notable is the support in the mid stroke on the steeps.
    Seal kit was a bonus too.

tdog
    Free Member

Too right- all the spare kit was like xmas seeing all the sealed extras plus shiteguard

ojays
    Free Member

Giving these a go, can’t resist at that discount. My mate had a set of XMM that never got any mentions in the usual reviews and they were amazing to use, so hopefully these are similar!

Cheers to the thread starter on this and the other one on front page discussing these, great find.

tdog
    Free Member

@ojays – that’s alright bud! Glad to help

you’re gonna think it is XMAS when you see box & quality of everything

mmannerr

Really good discount but I had to choose version with remote. Is it possible to downgrade to crown mounted lever without massive extra costs?

joebristol

Urgh, had a set of Pike Ultimates delivered at the start of the week from a German website (can’t be bothered to work out how to return)…..really pleased with the look of them but these DT Swiss forks are sooooo cheap for what you get! I’ll hold on to the fact I’m saving 200grams off my bike and the Pikes look so bling in silver. Would have preferred to save the money though.

beagle
    Free Member

What sort of money were the Pikes Joe?

Hoping to upgrade my Hardtail with the DT swiss (from Yari RC) but am a big fan of Rockshox. Thinking 140mm or 150mm without the remote.

Considering upgrading the damper from the Yari but at this price it appears to be a no brainer.

rstephenson
    Free Member

Mmannerr – want to do this too as could only get 29 130mm with remote but would prefer crown adjust. Tried to look on dt swiss site but the site was crap on my phone so gave up looking. If you find any info out post it up please…

Also was a bit concerned about servicing as i guess they’re a bit more niche but spoke to a tecnician at tftuned and turns out they’re actually dtswiss affiliated so should be pretty reliable for parts and knowledge.. he reckoned they’re a great bit of kit and total bargain at wiggle price..

hatter

If you’re the type of rider who never actually uses their lock-out then just get the remote version and don’t attach the cable, the fork stays fully active all the time and F535’s crown design means the fork looks super clean with no lockout knob showing.

tdog
    Free Member

Good to know hatter- I’ll be leaving them primarily in Open and sometimes Drive mode

nixie

I’m so glad the 130mm 29ers are out of stock now. Really don’t need forks but was so tempeted (especially when I discovered they will take a 3″ b+ tyre).

tdog
    Free Member

€730 now lol

joebristol

@beagle

What sort of money were the Pikes Joe?

Just under £650 delivered from Starbike I think it was. Best price I could find for
    Silver 140mm ultimates. They are really nice though. Just waiting for a frame to slot them into – probably not going to be here then painted until mid-end November

tdog
    Free Member

Still a solid fork though yay for DT swiss QC so far.

simply incredible from out to in box unwrap to feeling initial supple stroke upon compressing in hands 🤣

captain_bastard
    Free Member

been hovering over the buy button for a couple of weeks, couldn’t resist any longer! Don’t really need a new set of forks, but reasoned to myself bike they are going on is a keeper so will save me money down the line. And Shiny!

wrecker
    Free Member

Mine arrived today. I love the DT “way”. The design is fantastic, I have high hopes for these. Thanks to the group for the tip off.

tdog
    Free Member

😉👍

sheck

What’s the tyre clearance like… would I get a 2.8” tyre in a 650b variant?

nixie

What’s the tyre clearance like… would I get a 2.8” tyre in a 650b variant?

All the measurements are on the DTSwiss product page for the different versions including max width, max diameter and max diameter at max width. 2.8″ is plus though so surely you’d want a 29″/27.5+ version for clearance.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss F535 one fork users feedback ?’ is closed to new replies.