Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dt Swiss end caps help
  • davros

Replacing a microspline 3 pawl freehub with a standard Shimano one and of course the end cap is different. Can anyone tell me where I can buy an end cap for this combination of Shimano, boost, 12mm?

Anyone got one in the spares box I can buy?

Cheers

munkiemagik
    Free Member

Would boost and non-boost end caps be the same with the difference being only in the hub body itself?

I’m currently on the 3 pawl Shimano HG but was thinking to switch to XD freehub to finally replace out my Sunrace 12spd cassette with GX cassette

davros

Possibly, my searching has only found 142/12 so that may be the answer. But looking at the prices I think I’ll return the freehub. No way am I paying 30 quid for an end cap.

scaredypants

I don’t know that this is true but IF the end cap is the same as you get with a XD driver AND there isn’t a difference between the caps for boost and non-boost,…

I’d merrily swap one of those for your oldskool one

(and happy to swap by post and then swap back if mine’s no good to you – unless you live near Southampton when we can throw them to each other from a safe distance 😀 )

mattbee

The boost adapter kit DT Swiss do has a new non drive side spacer but retains the drive side one, so they may we’ll be interchangeable.

BearBack
    Free Member

142 and 148 end caps are the same but driver specific.

BearBack
    Free Member

I’d swap you a new shimano hg driver and endcap for your microsokine one if you don’t mind waiting for Canada Post/royal mail 😉

davros

Thanks all for the info. I was going to move them to my hardtail but seems like more trouble than it’s worth now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dt Swiss end caps help’ is closed to new replies.