Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • DT Swiss E1700 SPline 2 End-caps for QR, where to buy/find ?
  • weeksy

Got a front wheel of this, wanted to fit onto my lads Liv 27.5 but it’s currently running 15mm axle, don’t have converters but would be nice to get some.
    DT Swiss E1700 SPline 2

Any ideas please ?

edit :

Doesn’t matter… this implies it’s not possible.

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/support/conversion-charts/end-cap-solution-mtb-front/

May need to be the one off the Whyte T-130 that gets converted instead.

poah
    Free Member

use a through axle QR conversion.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-conversion-kit-15mm-to-qr/rp-prod80192

edit I’m assuming yours are centre lock hubs

weeksy

6 bolts

hatter

6 bolts are OEM only and a bit different, what year are they?

Alternatively, do they have white,. matt silver or polished hubs?

That should help me identify which caps you need.

weeksy

Polished hub. Age unknown mate, bought from Ebay about 6 months ago. Wheel is fine and happy, just wanted to use on my lads bike as it’s Cartridge bearings not cup-cone.

that converter above looks just the job though ?

scotroutes

I have an almost identical converter on my Exposure branded dynamo hub. I can’t see why it wouldn’t work for any 15/100 hub.

weeksy

How does it not move left and right a little bit ?

Reading all the reviews it seems perfect.. .but the physics of it confuse me slightly 🙂

hatter

Code HBDTS3801S, any Madison dealer should be able to help.

end caps

weeksy

Fantastic, thank you 🙂

scotroutes

How does it not move left and right a little bit ?

The 15mm end caps on the hub are 100mm across. The adapter is 100mm, plus the narrow bit that fits into the dropout.

weeksy
    vincienup
    Free Member

For future reference, DT Spline 2 1700’s are on standard Dt350 hubs, just in custom colours. The 1900’s aren’t. You’ll find life much easier looking for DT350 parts than for the wheel specific model. Off the top of my head, 20mm is about the only option that’s not possible with an existing 15mm hub, but if you ever see one with QR endcaps check they come off and there’s a TA size hole behind before assuming you can convert the hub- for reasons unknown DT make a dedicated QR version that can’t be converted as well as QR endcaps for bigger axled models…

poah
    Free Member

I’d go for the nukeproof solution rather than adding end caps to end caps

vincienup
    Free Member

Why, when DT make the correct adapter and it’s available?

DT part number HWGXXX00S3801S should do the job.

poah
    Free Member

mainly because they are £30 I guess

weeksy

Is the simple answer yes… £30 > £15 isn’t really much of a discussion. I’ve not bought either yet as i’ve been sorting my new Hopes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss E1700 SPline 2 End-caps for QR, where to buy/find ?’ is closed to new replies.