Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • DT Swiss 350 rear qr hub to 148 mm ?
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Incoming a new Ibis DV9 and hope I can convert the QR 135mm DT hub on the wheel I am wanting to use.
    Anyone help with the adaptors I need as the ones I find say 142 mm and 148 mm . Sure it cant be both ?

hopkinsgm

I guess it depends on the hub shell you’re starting from, basically whether you’ve got a boost hub or a not boost hub. I guess the same adapters will convert a QR135 to 142×12, or QR141 to 148×12, but not QR135 to 148×12.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Its not a boost hub that I have 🙁

Northwind

Yes you can, if it’s 6 bolt- done it myself.

First thing is, remember that 135 and 142 hubs are identical, it’s only the endcaps that vary. So any adaptor that works for a 142, also works for a 135.

I’m not 100% but I think this is the kit I used: https://www.actionsports.de/en/boost-conversion-kit-dt-swiss-240s-dt-350-dt-370-is-rear-hub-12x148mm-22819

Remember though that you’ll also need to redish the wheel. This isn’t hard, for mine it was more or less “undo one side by half a turn and do the other up by a turn”

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind, will order tonight. Yes its 6 bolt and built by me and will be redished also by me 🙂 Just what I needed .
    The change is awkward , but hopefully the Ibis DV9 will last better than the 9 weeks the warranty replacement Cannondale frame did. 🙁

Northwind

I think you’ll probably need to get a DT 12mm adaptor too for the drive side. Which’ll cost a million quid no doubt

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Yes, I thought that was probably the case !! 🙂 and probably have to buy a set I will never use the rest of it …….

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Disc side kit ordered at 39 euro delivered but can anyone confirm the correct drive side one. I think on SJS they only show with a freehub, which is a little excessive 🙂

argee

Wolftooth do the boostinator kit for DT Swiss, do remember you’ll have to redish the wheel as well, which could well be annoying and expensive compared to just getting a new wheel (or hub).

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I am thinking that the drive side is the same width to keep the cassette in the same plain as all bikes, so just need a 12mm end cap drive side , maybe like this ?
    Obviously only need the drive side now.
    eBay item number:184398399343

nixie

Drive side does stay the same (if converting from 142×12). However the set you linked on eBay is not the right thing, that’s for 135x12mm not 142x12mm.

The SJS free hub sets come with the DS because this varies across free hub designs. So if you were thinking of changing to XD-driver or microspline then now would be a good time as you would only need the freehub set (that includes the DS spacer) and the third party longer NDS spacer (Wolftooth or Funworks).

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Thanks Nixie. I am going to stick with 11 speed and standard freehub for now. Can anyone then give me a part number please for this part ?
    I said to the Mrs that changing from old skool to new is going to be a ballache with all the changes like boost and single rings etc , enough to think about just buying a complete bike. But the awkward me wants to use the Lefty off the Cannondale thats dead ………… 🙂

argee

Pretty sure you need the full kit with brake spacer, it’s the hub shell that’s increased 6mm over non boost, so the cap will fill the 148mm gap, but your rotor will not align, you’ll also find your alignment of the wheel is out by 3mm, so not as easy as just sticking on a longer driveside spacer.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Argee , I have bought the disc side kit with disc spacer as Northwind pointed me to. I just need the drive side end to make it 12mm than a QR .

nixie

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/dt-swiss-hwa00100s2192c-rear-hub-spacer-driveside-for-shimano-hg-mtb-12-mm-hbdt962

This is the same part number on the Madison site. Seems to suggest it’s the right thing.

DT Swiss part numbers appear to be a minefield. What appears to be the same part can have multiple different part numbers over the years.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Thanks Nixie. Yes agree on the part numbers and headaches. Just ordered, so getting there as thats the rear hub sorted 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 350 rear qr hub to 148 mm ?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.