Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DT Swiss 10mm Bolt Thru Axle?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i believe there is a newer more ‘durable’ version of this out now? i heard/read a few people saying they were like cheese and fell to bits when tightened up…however the new version has got rid of these problems?

any links to the newer one please?

easygirl

I’ve got one of the new versions, no plastic bits now, had it for 6 months without any problems, can crank it up tight
    Can’t do link I got it from america

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ohhh thats good to hear! now to find one in stock, dont suppose you know the product number of the new version do you?

thanks btw! 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

My old one lasted years no problem.

easygirl

That’s the one I’ve got in the link

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks easygirl, nowhere in uk seems to be in stock, sorry to be a pain you couldnt tell me which american shop you got it from please?

thanks again!

rwc03
    Free Member

Have you considered the superstar QR version? Working well for me front and rear after my front rws broke. Heavier though.

easygirl

They don’t ship to u.k
    I bought it whilst. Was over here sorry

ratherbeintobago

Is it this one? There is a fair amount of slightly esoteric DT (and other) gear that can be obtained from das freundliche Deutsch Fahrradladen.

Andy

letmetalktomark

I ran a Superstar one with no issues at all.

Not as bling as the DT one but then again not as expensive.

Think I paid £9.99

LoCo
    Free Member

+1 the Superstar QR 10m thru axle, using one on the back of my Dialled Albert, works nicely and was cheap too, only issue is the not very nice shape of the lever, the end part being a bit too ‘pointy’ when tightening it up, but this is pretty minor for the saving over the DT unit which I found a bit faffy to use with the racket lever, and it broken as well.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If you’re fussy, the Superstar one is over twice the weight of the DT.

I’ve got one of the later DT ones (came with the hub I bought) & it seems fine 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DT Swiss 10mm Bolt Thru Axle?’ is closed to new replies.