Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Dt 350 hubs £75 from poland for a pair – scam?
  • Northwind

I’d say not- they’re centrelock and the wrong number of holes so they should be cheap. Bikestacja have been around for ages.

And at the end of the day you have ebay’s backing so you’ll be fine no matter what

dufusdip
    Free Member

I’ve received a 32H front DT swiss 350 from this seller and it arrived in the original box with all the right packaging and within the week through tracked UPS.

But as Northwind said, don’t go for 28 spokes unless it is nothing more than mill pond flat tracks.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I was about to ask about the same seller before getting some road hubs.
    And all sounds good.

njee20
    Free Member

But as Northwind said, don’t go for 28 spokes unless it is nothing more than mill pond flat tracks.

Slight exaggeration. Not most folks’ first choice, but fine for many applications.

hatter

The finish is wrong, the stickers are readily available spares and the price is ‘too good to be true’

I’d b very wary.

benpinnick

What are you lot smoking this morning? 28h is pretty much the standard for most factory whelkiest these days, including DT’s own excellent new E1700 wheels (which also run 28h 350s). The strength & stiffness difference between a 28h and a 32h wheel is not enough to make a rider need to choose one over another if well built.

I am guessing they are OE hubs hence why so cheap. AFAIK DT never made aftermarket hubs in anything but black. I expect he buys them straight out of DT’s factory in Pilsen.

c_klein87

they do dt swiss 240’s fairly cheap, have to use the item number in uk ebay to understand the pricing!

adsh
    Free Member

I bought a pair of 29er wheels from them for training on the road. DT 350 6 bolt hubs, decent spokes and nipples and some DT rims for £150. The parts appear genuine, the wheels are well built and I was really pleased. Cheaper but better than a pair of shimano’s hand built from Merlin. I would recommend.

Northwind

dufusdip – Member

I did not say that! Just, 28h is less popular than 32 so not too surprising to see them on discount from time to time

(wouldn’t be my choice but mostly just because of rim availability, I have some 26 and 28 hole hubs and it’s a pain in the arse)

njee20
    Free Member

I am guessing they are OE hubs hence why so cheap. AFAIK DT never made aftermarket hubs in anything but black. I expect he buys them straight out of DT’s factory in Pilsen.

That was my guess too, I like the colour actually, and they certainly don’t appear fake. There’s far too much paranoia on here sometimes!

But yes, there is a chance your 28h fake DT wheel will explode if you look at them wrongly.

I have some 26 and 28 hole hubs and it’s a pain in the arse)

26h!? Really? That is weird!

Northwind

Oh no, apparently I’m wrong, 24 on the front and 28 rear. Just as well I didn’t order that LB rim I had my eyes on 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Haha! I did wonder if you meant 24.

At least with the likes of LB you do have options now. A few years ago there really were next to no options for 24/28h rims.

Northwind

Yup- by pure luck the original LB rims are a close match to the traversee rims so when I mangled a rear I could swap for that. It was either that or £100 for a Specialized one 😆 (and straightpull spokes so a pain in the arse swapping to anything with a different ERD)

Vortexracing

can you change the front to QR on these 350’s?

granny_ring

Apart from the standard reply lately of LB rims, any other cheaper 28H rims about for xc/trail use?

akak
    Free Member

Velocity blunt ss?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stans do 28h if you shop arround as they’re obviously not as well stocked.

Pelnty of roadie rims, if all else fails build them up for a cehap pair of disk CX wheels?

IIRC (for the road anyway) you can build a 24h hub into a 32h rim and miss out some spokes.

slackman99
    Free Member

Spank Oozy 295 beadbite

nickdavies

So consensus is good… no 32h hubs though with centrelock.
    Watching a pair of them on a bid ending sunday currently on £3… 🙂

Can’t decide on the 28h or not, using LB carbon rims and dt comps i’m hoping they’d hold up but at 85kg i’m not sure!

Although having said that my DT spline’s are 28h and have been ragged everywhere and are prefectly true but both sets of 32h wheels i’ve got are currently being rebuilt, one of which is only 6 months old! Planning to have a go at building these myself though with the wheelpro book so might not be as good.. 😳

njee20
    Free Member

Can’t decide on the 28h or not, using LB carbon rims and dt comps i’m hoping they’d hold up but at 85kg i’m not sure!

Of course they will.

proutster
    Free Member

Just ordered some of these as I’ve been looking for some second-hand DT240s (a la Northwind) ready for an LB build for my 29er – but these are far cheaper than any second-hand pair that I’ve seen.

Now to order the rims, spokes and nipples in readiness for my first ever wheel build…..

When the hubs arrive I’ll let everyone know how they seem

benpinnick

28h will be fine for any weight pretty much. Theres only a small difference in strength between 28 and 32. Id recommend investing in a park tension gauge if building a half decent set of wheels yourself. As long as you get even tension on the spokes then carbon wheels are pretty easy to build – a worthwhile £50 to ensure you dont end up building duff wheels I would say.

350s are great hubs and these seem like a bargain. The weight difference is only about 60g between 240s and 350s, and you could still upgrade your 350s to the faster ratchet and get 25% of that back and then theres little to choose between them. You could gain or save 40g in the rims depending on whether you get light or heavy ones from LB!

proutster
    Free Member

That was already in my plan. For the 29er wheels, as njee20 had pointed out he’d done a while ago, I was planning to ask for some light wheels as these are for the XC bike (even though I seem to rag it as much as I do the other bike).

Thanks for the heads-up on the Park tension gauge and faster ratchet, will have to investigate.

nickdavies

The same lot do the faster ratchet as well. Waiting to see how the Sunday ones go (they’re mine you lot 😉 If i miss those ill get some ordered they’ve quoted just over a ton with the xd driver which i figure is worth a poke.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i got a 24h white 240s from that seller for my brothers road bike, legit

granny_ring

Thanks OP, you have cost me some money!
    Will be sat in the spares box until I decide if they will be 26, 27.5 or 29. 🙂
    Did you manage to get some yourself?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Dt 350 hubs £75 from poland for a pair – scam?’ is closed to new replies.