Dt 240- tech advice

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dt 240- tech advice
  • chilled76

Hi all,

Does anyone know- if I buy a 20mm 110mm front one of these… can it be converted to Boost 15mm?

I’ve had a look at their tech documents and I’m not sure.

Any help much appreciated

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

i dont think so…? Doesn’t 15×110 hub does have wider flanges than a 20×110 hub. Might be totally wrong though!

chilled76

Cool. Thanks- confirmed what I thought.

In which case… where is the best/cheapest place to buy a set of boost 350 28h hubs? Yes 350. This rules 240s out.

Premier Icon howsyourdad1
    Subscriber

my guess would be Germany. Bike 24 somewhere like that.

Premier Icon hatter
    Subscriber

100% no I’m afraid.

Beware of any super cheap DT hubs online, theres quite a few fakes out there, had a set come into the shop that a guy had bought from Eastern Europe, they looked very similar at first glance but the finish started to degrade almost immediately and the bearings were dead in 2 months.

liamvc96

are you building the wheels and have everything else already? (spokes , rim)

it’s just that I have found you can get pre build wheels for the price of a single front or rear hub.

definently have a good look on German and Europe sites as they are very much the cheapest for dt stuff

saying that I got a 350 hub built rear wheel for 130 from crc so just keep your eyes peeled

chilled76

I’m building them- got the rims already.

liamvc96

ah right no worries

Premier Icon craig5
    Subscriber

Have a look at wolf tooth components. If the hubs have replaceable end caps they probably make a converter to fit

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

You can definitely convert the 20mm DT240S to 15mm standard. From there, you could adapt it with a 3rd party boost convertor or similar, but it’s a total bodge, I wouldn’t do it

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

it’s a total bodge, I wouldn’t do it

Not that bad, surely – longer end cap on the brake side and a spacer for the rotor. I’d ride it. You don’t get the purported benefit of a wider base for your wheelbuild but otherwise, meh

IMO

chilled76

Cheers guys. Just gonna buy 350s and save a ton. I was trying to get a budget 240 front to work as id.managed to source a 240 rear for £70 more than a 350.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

” I’d ride it.”
    Same here but I wouldn’t get a top-end bloody expensive hub then bodge it so that it works and weighs the same as a midprice hub.

TBH Chilled, front hubs are so simple, there’s not much benefit to posh ones.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

I wouldn’t choose to do it either – I’d assumed from the 1st post that he already had one

… and yeah, a front hub’s just a carrier for bearings innit

chilled76

If there had been an end cap I’d have gone for it as there’s some on ebay for 70 sheets.

As I said I’m gonna buy some 350s

mariner

Contact DT Swiss direct. I always find them extremely helpful.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.