Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dt 240- tech advice
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know- if I buy a 20mm 110mm front one of these… can it be converted to Boost 15mm?

I’ve had a look at their tech documents and I’m not sure.

Any help much appreciated

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i dont think so…? Doesn’t 15×110 hub does have wider flanges than a 20×110 hub. Might be totally wrong though!

chilled76
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks- confirmed what I thought.

In which case… where is the best/cheapest place to buy a set of boost 350 28h hubs? Yes 350. This rules 240s out.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

my guess would be Germany. Bike 24 somewhere like that.

hatter

100% no I’m afraid.

Beware of any super cheap DT hubs online, theres quite a few fakes out there, had a set come into the shop that a guy had bought from Eastern Europe, they looked very similar at first glance but the finish started to degrade almost immediately and the bearings were dead in 2 months.

liamvc96
    Free Member

are you building the wheels and have everything else already? (spokes , rim)

it’s just that I have found you can get pre build wheels for the price of a single front or rear hub.

definently have a good look on German and Europe sites as they are very much the cheapest for dt stuff

saying that I got a 350 hub built rear wheel for 130 from crc so just keep your eyes peeled

chilled76
    Free Member

I’m building them- got the rims already.

liamvc96
    Free Member

ah right no worries

craig5

Have a look at wolf tooth components. If the hubs have replaceable end caps they probably make a converter to fit

Northwind

You can definitely convert the 20mm DT240S to 15mm standard. From there, you could adapt it with a 3rd party boost convertor or similar, but it’s a total bodge, I wouldn’t do it

scaredypants

it’s a total bodge, I wouldn’t do it

Not that bad, surely – longer end cap on the brake side and a spacer for the rotor. I’d ride it. You don’t get the purported benefit of a wider base for your wheelbuild but otherwise, meh

IMO

chilled76
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Just gonna buy 350s and save a ton. I was trying to get a budget 240 front to work as id.managed to source a 240 rear for £70 more than a 350.

Northwind

” I’d ride it.”
    Same here but I wouldn’t get a top-end bloody expensive hub then bodge it so that it works and weighs the same as a midprice hub.

TBH Chilled, front hubs are so simple, there’s not much benefit to posh ones.

scaredypants

I wouldn’t choose to do it either – I’d assumed from the 1st post that he already had one

… and yeah, a front hub’s just a carrier for bearings innit

chilled76
    Free Member

If there had been an end cap I’d have gone for it as there’s some on ebay for 70 sheets.

As I said I’m gonna buy some 350s

mariner
    Free Member

Contact DT Swiss direct. I always find them extremely helpful.

mariner
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dt 240- tech advice’ is closed to new replies.