Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dry feet, is there an answer?
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Went out today it was very wet underfoot with water running down the trails and large puddles everywhere.

I had my Shimano MW81’s on with a pair of Seal Skinz socks, once the water starts running down your legs as you’re splashing through puddles etc the boots just fill up and obviously being Goretex lined the water doesn’t escape.

Now don’t get me wrong, when it’s cold the boots are awesome but rain or lots of standing water they’re basically rubbish.

Any pointers on keeping the olde tootsies dry?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rubber glove “gaskets” over the top of the sealskinz works perfectly

simondbarnes

Winter boots, overshoes, waterproof tights going over the top of the overshoes.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Crikey sdb, do your ankles move?

swavis

Lake MXZ302, treated myself to a pair for xmas, simply superb!

matt_outandabout

Nope, no answer, especially when it is proper wet out.

ton

flat grippy pedals and a pair of these.

simondbarnes

Crikey sdb, do your ankles move?

Yes, and my feet stay warm & dry

SOAP
    Free Member

MW80’s end of thred. 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Overshoes keep my feet wet unless I walk through a puddle, then it comes up from underneath, but they definitely keep my feet warm. I’ve given up trying to keep my feet dry.

jambalaya
    Free Member

You need longer trousers / three quarter shorts so the water cannot get above the socks, you can now buy knee length medium weight seal skinz

tomaso
    Free Member

The combination of good boots waterproof socks with gaitors works well and stops water coming off your legs and into your boots/socks.

Simon

Sealskinz + waterproof over trousers = dry feet

thepodge
    Free Member

I use dx spd shoes, the water can get in but more importantly it can get out the spd hole.

I used to use seal skins but merino socks are a godsend, even though they get wet you stay warm.

billysugger
    Free Member

Lake +1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dry feet, is there an answer?’ is closed to new replies.