Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?
  • MrAgreeable

My Paramo jacket is starting to guzzle water quite alarmingly, despite regular washing in soap liquid and reproofing with Techwash. The sleeves in particular are well-imbued with grime which a regular wash doesn’t seem to shift. Does anyone have experience of getting Paramo or Analogy garments dry-cleaned and does it perk them up again?

chiefgrooveguru

I can’t see dry-cleaning being massively effective. Better to wash it in a full-on biological detergent, then wash it with soap liquid so there’s no residue, then reproof.

MrAgreeable

A lot of the dirt seems to be bike grease which I wouldn’t expect a biological detergent to shift.

mttm
    Free Member

You don’t reproof with Techwash – you wash with Techwash. Try reproofing with TX Direct Wash In – this is the stuff you should be using. If your jacket is really minging, do as chiefgrooveguru suggests – I’ve done this to my oldest Paramo (23 years old now) and it’s still doing its job.

Bimbler
    Free Member

From Paramo webby

I have a stain on my garment what should I do?

Prior to washing, try applying undiluted Nikwax Tech Wash directly to the stain – if this doesn’t remove it then phone Páramo Customer Services for advice on 01892 786444. If it is a very stubborn stain, like oil, we would suggest a professional dry clean and re-proof which we can organise for you.

MrAgreeable

You don’t reproof with Techwash – you wash with Techwash. Try reproofing with TX Direct Wash In

Yeah, sorry, I’ve been using TX Direct to reproof. Put “Techwash” due to morning brain.

MrAgreeable

Bimbler – Member
    From Paramo webby

Looking at the website? That’s almost as big an admission of failure as reading the manual!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?’ is closed to new replies.