Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?

Home Forum Bike Forum Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?
  • I can’t see dry-cleaning being massively effective. Better to wash it in a full-on biological detergent, then wash it with soap liquid so there’s no residue, then reproof.

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

A lot of the dirt seems to be bike grease which I wouldn’t expect a biological detergent to shift.

Premier Icon mttm
    Subscriber

You don’t reproof with Techwash – you wash with Techwash. Try reproofing with TX Direct Wash In – this is the stuff you should be using. If your jacket is really minging, do as chiefgrooveguru suggests – I’ve done this to my oldest Paramo (23 years old now) and it’s still doing its job.

Bimbler

From Paramo webby

I have a stain on my garment what should I do?

Prior to washing, try applying undiluted Nikwax Tech Wash directly to the stain – if this doesn’t remove it then phone Páramo Customer Services for advice on 01892 786444. If it is a very stubborn stain, like oil, we would suggest a professional dry clean and re-proof which we can organise for you.

Subscriber

You don’t reproof with Techwash – you wash with Techwash. Try reproofing with TX Direct Wash In

Yeah, sorry, I’ve been using TX Direct to reproof. Put “Techwash” due to morning brain.

Subscriber

My Paramo jacket is starting to guzzle water quite alarmingly, despite regular washing in soap liquid and reproofing with Techwash. The sleeves in particular are well-imbued with grime which a regular wash doesn’t seem to shift. Does anyone have experience of getting Paramo or Analogy garments dry-cleaned and does it perk them up again?

Subscriber

Bimbler – Member
    From Paramo webby

Looking at the website? That’s almost as big an admission of failure as reading the manual!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dry-cleaning Paramo kit?’ is closed to new replies.