Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dry bags
  • Mounty_73

I have a few Alpkit dry bags, but whilst out shopping yesterday I came across the Karrimor bags.

Does anyone use these, are they any good?

Drac

Yes I have a few and they are very good.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The “Karrimor’ as found in Sports Direct?

Mounty_73

The “Karrimor’ as found in Sports Direct?

Yes, only purchased one dry bag to test as I know the brand is not as good as it use to be. The shop is awful IMO.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Indeed! Was it Lee Evans who satirised SD, saying that during the riots of 2011 they were left untouched because everyone thought they’d been cleaned-out already?

acehtn
    Free Member

Got one 13ltr Alpkit extra, the more rugged one.

After a wet week in Knoydart, and finding out that my new rucksack is not as waterproof as i expected, and going old school with bin bags reminded me of how fragile they can be.

Anyway, picked up a couple of 2 ltr, a 15 ltr and some 4 or 5 ltr Karrimor bags. 10,000mm rating, build quality appears to compare with my Alpkit, unused so far. Only slightly cheaper than Alpkit.
    When in Sourlies bothy the Finnish couple we met where using the Karrimor dry bags, they where most happy with them.

Agree with Sportdirect shops only carrying a small Field&Trek section, i have mail ordered and there is way more on the website.
    Very aware of the hit and miss nature of the Karrimor brand.
    So far using KSB Event boots vibram sole, very nice and comfy.
    X-lite carbon walking poles, they hit quoted minimum weight, and took a lot of abuse.
    X-lite sleeping mat, so far so good.
    Last minute impulse buy before jumping on the train was in the Field&Trek shop in Fort William, grabbed a pair of weather tight water proof trousers, for £20 well impressed, they saw a lot of action.

Have seen conflicting reviews on the Karrimor waterproof coats, first reviews are positive, 3 months later some issues, and heard the jokes about the down gilets not having much down in them.

The bags are worth a punt. Was a thread on here the other day about Halfords knocking out dry bags for 40p !

🙂

dobo
    Free Member

im doubious that 10000mm rating is waterproof. my ski jacket has a higher rating than that and can get wet if it rains.

my alpkit gourdon which is great can also leak.

if its for expensive equipmengt like camera etc then get somrthing thats waterproof when submerged.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Wgy not just claim that it can resist a hydrostatic head of one metre?

If you think tha rubbish bags are too flimsy you can always use thicker gauge garden or rubble sacks.

sheelah
    Free Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Sheela and I got into this Forum to find out which is the best option to buy a waterproof bag so I could go for some outdoors activities, the bag needs to be capable of keeping my personal belongings dry!

Could you guys help me out on this search?

I need a bag pack that I could adapt to my bicycle, the size should be medium, and about the price???? Well…., you know, the cheaper the better!

Don’t forget to keep in mind quality, sometime the cheapest option makes you purchase twice!

Ok, Thanks to all for any possible help! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dry bags’ is closed to new replies.