Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Drunken ebay purchases.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Got a ebay notification pop up on my phone today telling me I am now the proud owner of a BMX.! Went out on the lash last night and must of placed a bid. Can’t remember a bloody thing.

Anyone else done this.?

meehaja
    Free Member

I won a washing machine pump last week, that is broken in exactly the same way as my current washing machine pump.

Ace.

I’ve also bought whilst drunk:
    A cracked 4x frame to use for XC (I’m 6 foot, it was a 13 inch),
    a 63cm roadbike
    a book case
    a chainsaw that doesn’t work for more than 20 seconds
    a VW camper van

I’m not allwed my own account anymore and the wife has to “second” every bid!

mbr30
    Free Member

I was once the proud owner of three washing machines!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    garrrrpirate
    Free Member

I am the proud owner of a freddie mercury memorial plate (real gold rim) for this very reason.

tthew

Rally prepared Skoda Estelle.

Merak

tthew – Member

Pics or it didn’t happen. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

We needed a bathroom cabinet, saw one on eBay.. It looks ok.. Bid and win, and four days later was the proud owner of a bathroom cabinet for a dolls house, three inches by five inches big.. 😳

zerocool

Accidently bid on 2 identical pairs of wheels and won both. A bit of a pain in the arse. But made worse by the fact the GF was also bidding on them as a surprise birthday present so each cost me £30 more than they would have cost me otherwise. And also nearly bought a Austin A4 for my dad and accidently bid. £25000 not £2500. Luckily the seller was trying to scam and it didn’t exist. Oops.

AndyF1
    Free Member

A Gold bike chain .. after watching Jason Kenny crush Gregory Bauge.

tthew

tthew – Member
    Pics or it didn’t happen.

No, didn’t happen. Got made to retract the bid by the minister of fun. £600 bid would have won it though.

We needed a bathroom cabinet, saw one on eBay.. It looks ok.. Bid and win, and four days later was the proud owner of a bathroom cabinet for a dolls house, three inches by five inches big..

This made me chuckle.

hugor
    Free Member

Ive maid lots of CRC drunken purchases but no ebay ones.
    Usually they’ve been things I’ve wanted for a while but had the sensible restraint to postpone till a more financially appropriate time.
    Remove the restraint and some regrettable purchases happen!!

trevron73
    Free Member

I love Ebay ,2 Akai mpc2000XL one white one blue from 88 and 86 old skool and a Hymer 6 wheel motor home ,the wife had quite a bit to say about the motor home as it was 9 grand ,now i dont have a cash card or any balls left .

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Itsh jush gone 3 am. Anyone out there able to tell me I deff donot need or want acarbonfibre Whippet frame?

No one?

I’ll get me purse

:mrgreen:

TimP
    Free Member

Read this last night, thought I will have a look on eBay, and managed to buy a Garry Fischer by pressing buy it now rather than escape. Hoping the vendor will understand I am an idiot…

wwaswas

a Hymer 6 wheel motor home

the old ‘That? Oh, it’s been in the garage for ages.’ trick was always going to be a bit tricky with that one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im still waiting for the right time to tell the mrs that i bought a v8 discovery over email (as a donor vehicle)

The right time probably is as i reverse it up the drive ???

teamslug
    Free Member

Not me but a mate of mine was a nightmare for buying from qvc/ebay when he was pished. Candy floss maker, waterbed or a propellor for a outboard. He didn’t have a boat and hated the water…think his missus drown him in the waterbed

flyingmonkeycorps

Hmm… I fancy a BMX, perhaps I should start drinking!

tomaso
    Free Member

Bid on an RGV250 at 1am. Auction ended at 1pm, but went out with family and forgot all about it. On my return I’d won! My wife is very understanding…

Davesport

Mrs Davesport was standing at the door one morning having a chat with the female postie who we know quite well. I sauntered past, said hello & Mrs D said “this” has arrived for you ! It was a flat package wrapped in brown paper approx two foot long & four inches across. Hmm, it’s addressed to me but I can’t remember ordering anything 🙂 so I started unwrapping the mystery package. The brown wrapping took a bit of getting off & underneath was a very dangerous looking & razor sharp machette. Mrs D & the postie visibly recoiled when it became apparent this thing wasn’t a toy. I immediately blamed the kids for ordering the thing but a quick look at my ebay history revealed I had ordered the thing in a drunken haze at 2 am several days previous.

Anyone need a machette ? 8)

fizzicist
    Free Member

The bathroom cabinet is my favourite so far!

I inadvertantly acquired a boat. In my pre-biking days I did a lot of dinghy sailing and was toying with replacing my Laser.

Found an RS300 and thought it looked interesting. Decided I should really keep saving for the engagement ring…

Got Pissed up.

Bought it.

Delayed marriage proposal for a year or so.

On the plus side, having a boat called “Kate’s Ring” started a few conversations.

Still married. I Miss the boat.

crush83
    Free Member

V6 Audi A4 Avant . . . .

only set me back £500 notes and its proberly the best car i have owned! 😕

need to drink more oftern!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I also bought a BMX whilst having a rather large glass or two of a nice red.
    So if anyone wants a rough looking Eastern Shovelhead BMX, let me know.. 🙄

flyingmonkeycorps

How rough and how much?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

No brakes, tyres aren’t great, seatpost is seized, chrome flaking off the rims, grips are shot.
    I was planning on sorting it mechanically & selling it back on, just haven’t got round to it yet.
    What I paid for it £40.

Dancake
    Free Member

A £5000 road legal Yamaha 660 Raptor quad bike. Closest I have ever come to wife leaving me .

flyingmonkeycorps

Where’re you based goldenwonder? Does the frame have tabs for a rear brake? Could you email some pics to willslater[at]gmail[dot]com?

thejesmonddingo

I like pike fishing,couple of years ago got slaughtered and bought a fishing box full of lures forabout £30,absolute bargain,exceptit was on the American site,so postage was about £60 IIRC.i got him to post it to my brother in law in New hampshire,who brought it over on his next visit.Unfortunately the bottle of aniseed scented lure dip spilled in his giant size suitcase.Closed my favourite import route 😳

edd

[Shameless plug!]As ebay purchases go I think that this Ibis titanium stem that I have on ebay would be good:[/Shameless plug!]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180949054519

Ibis Stem by eddkh, on Flickr

xiphon
    Free Member

flyingmonkeycorps – YHM re BMX

🙂

crankbreaker

Magura Wotans, went something like “ooh they look nice, I’ll test the water” 2 days later I was still the high bidder. Credit cards are amazing things!

JEngledow
    Free Member

How long do you recon it will be before someone’s drunk enough to buy this?

flap_jack
    Free Member

Double slipper bath. £500. We were redoing the bathroom anyway at the time, but that caused a radical rethink of style. Probably cost another grand in getting matching high flush toilet and fancy sink.
    Still love it though.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Had a friend who purchased a Rolf Harris didgeridoo, knew nothing about it until it arrived in the post 😀

robsoctane
    Free Member

Book: The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins just turned up today, can’t remember bidding or paying AND I already own it… 😐

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Drunken ebay purchases.’ is closed to new replies.